Introducing McIntosh MA8900 Integrated Amplifier
Bring all your music to life with the MA8900 Integrated Amplifier. The first of McIntosh’s next generation line of integrated amplifiers, it offers 200 Watts per channel and combines many new features with McIntosh’s legendary amplification prowess and preamplifier capabilities – into one all-encompassing unit.
The MA8900 is the first product to feature the new McIntosh Monogrammed Heatsinks™. They are made from high quality materials with excellent thermal conductivity properties and are so efficient at dissipating heat that they warrant bearing the McIntosh “Mc” logo. Besides helping your MA8900 run cool, they’ll also help it look cool thanks to a new finishing process that results in a higher quality appearance. They are connected to advanced high current output transistors that eliminate thermal equilibrium lag time (or warm-up time) so that the first musical note played sounds just as good as songs played later in your listening session.
Besides new heatsinks and advanced digital audio capabilities, the MA8900 includes many other updates. McIntosh engineers have used new, more powerful control microprocessors to improve overall system operation. They have also incorporated some of the latest audio-grade circuit components to allow the MA8900 to deliver the best sound possible.
- Power Guard® that monitors and adjusts the sound wave at the speed of light to prevent harsh sounding distortion and clipping that could damage your speakers.
- Sentry Monitor™ is our fuse-less short-circuit protection circuit that disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating levels and then resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal.
- Home Theater PassThru that allows for seamless integration into a home theater system.
- High Drive headphone amplifier with Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®) which can bring an added dimension to headphone listening.
- A discrete, five band tone control that permits manual analog adjustment of your favorite recordings.
- Gold-plated speaker binding posts that prevent corrosion to ensure a quality signal is sent over your speaker cables to your speakers.