The Signature 12 turntable is Pro-Ject's all-out assault on the analog high-end. This no compromise approach to vinyl playback design commemorates Pro-Ject's 20-years as an esteemed manufacturer of turntables and electronics.
Each table takes 3 months to build and is entirely constructed and assembled by a team of two highly skilled craftsman - truly an artisan product!
Optional Superpack upgrade: Superpack includes Sumiko Palo Santos Cartridge.
Note: Special order. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery.
The Signature 12 turntable is Pro-Ject’s all-out assault on the analog high-end. This no compromise approach to vinyl playback design commemorates Pro-Ject’s 20-years as an esteemed manufacturer of turntables and electronics. Each table takes 3 months to build and is entirely constructed and assembled by a team of two highly skilled craftsman – truly an artisan product!
Signature 12 employs a highly sophisticated approach by combining the benefits of mass loading and magnetic decoupling. The main plinth supports two plinths and two motors with a belt-driven flywheel system that magnetically decouples the platter’s bearing. The main plinth also houses the touch screen that allows control of all operational parameters and variable speed adjustment. The second plinth, made of aluminum, sits beneath the platter and is responsible for supporting the magnetic suspension. Sorbothane “pillows” isolate the entire assembly and further reduce unwanted disturbances and vibration. The flywheel belt-drive system employs two motors and ensures vibration and noise-free mechanical operation for all moving parts.
The advanced single-pivot 12″ tonearm can accommodate virtually any cartridge, due to its wide range of adjustment possibilities and selection of different counterweights. It is even possible to adjust the VTA while a record is playing.
The optional Superpack upgrade includes a Sumiko Palos Santos Presentation cartridge at a significantly reduced price. The Palos Santos Presentation is Sumiko’s flagship moving coil cartridge.
New design requirements incorporating advances in material technology and construction techniques have resulted in a significantly improved product that delivers a highly-refined, resolved, and musically satisfying sound quality previously unavailable at or even near its price.
• Speed: 33, 45 rpm Electronic Speed Change
• Drive Principle: Flywheel Belt Drive
• Motor Control: Precision generator with LCD Display
• Speed Variance: ±0.1%
• Wow & Flutter: ±0.08%
• Signal-to-Noise: -75dB
• Drive: 3 X Silicon Drive Belt
• Motor: 2 X Micro-Processor Synchronous Motors
• Mains Bearing: Ceramic (Ball/Plate)
• Platter: 300mm Aluminum Alloy with vinyl mat
• Tonearm: 12″ Single-Pivot Aluminium
• Effective Tonearm Length: 12″ (304.8mm)
• Effective Tonearm Mass: 19.5g
• Mounting Distance: 291.6mm
• Overhang: 13.2mm
• Offset Angle: 18°
• Tracking Force: 10-30mN
• Power Supply: Switch Mode, Outboard
• Power Consumption: 20 W DC
• Dimensions (WHD): 22.5 x 9.3 x 17.4 in., 570 x 234 x 440 mm
• Weight: 76lbs., 34.3kg
• Warranty: 2-Years
• Cartridge Type: Moving Coil
• Suspension: Synthetic Rubber
• Frequency Response: 10Hz-40Khz +/- 1.5dB
• Output Voltage/Channel: 0.5mV (3.54 cm/sec.,1kHz)
• Channel Separation: >30dB @ 1kHz
• Channel Balance: <0.5dB @ 1kHz
• Optimum Tracking Force: 2.0 grams
• Tracking Force Range: 1.8 – 2.2 grams
• Dynamic Compliance: 8 x 10-6 cm/dyne
• Internal Impedance: 12 ohms
• Load Impedance: 100-1k ohms
• Capacitance Range: 100 – 300 pf
• Cantilever: Long grain Boron
• Stylus: Line Contact, ultra low-mass, solid diamond 75µm x 5µm
• Output Terminals: Unique gold plated tapered brass pins
• Cartridge Weight: 8.3 grams
• Mounting System: Standard 0.5” hole spacing, threaded M2.5