Astell & Kern KANN
Portable Hi-Fi Player
Astell & Kern’s KANN provides a new power standard for mobile music performance. Combining a high-quality audio player and a high-performance amplifier, KANN draws on the technological expertise of Astell & Kern, the leading Portable Hi-Fi Audio manufacturer.
Truly powerful, high-quality output
Astell & Kern has introduced a new product design that cleverly incorporates a high-performance amplifier into a player for a perfect merger of two independent devices. Supporting the output of 7 Vrms when connected via high-gain balanced output, the KANN not only drives high-impedance headphones without an additional amplifier, but also reliably reproduces high-quality sound with low-impedance speakers.
Output optimized to user’s listening environment
KANN is equipped with a line-out circuit designed to set the output values in 4 levels, depending on the user’s listening preference a significant step up from previous products, which did not provide output/volume control. With the selectable output function, you can fine-tune your sound to suit a home system, car audio, or any other listening environment.
KANN also supports Astell & Kern’s 2.5-mm 4-pole balanced outputs (2 Vrms). Unlike the unbalanced type, balanced output removes noise (common mode noise) from “signal + inverting amplifier signal” and has the strength to increase output with its double transmitting signals.
Deliver the perfect original sound
KANN is capable of bit-to-bit playback up to 32bit 384kHz and native DSD playback up to 11.2MHz, delivering detailed, distortion-free sound just as the artist intended.
Scalability using USB Audio
To increase flexibility of use, you can connect additional USB Audio to KANN via the micro USB port. KANN allows output conversion according to the specifications of the external USB Audio that supports DoP (DSD over PCM) or PCM, and provides continuous music playback with charging via the Type-C USB port while connected to the external USB Audio.
The finest sound quality from audio files stored on a PC
Supporting the bit-to-bit playback up to 32-bit 384kHz when connected to the PC for use as a USB DAC, the KANN produces richer sounds with superior spatial effects and resolution that go far beyond the limits of any PC sound card.
- Built-in powerful analog amplifier
- 32bit 384kHz bit to bit play
- Native DSD
- Line Output (Analog Out)
- USB Audio (Digital Out)
- AK Connect App
- 2-Type SD Slot
- USB Type-C Fast Charging
- Model: KANN
- Body Material: Aluminum
- Display: 4 inch WVGA (480 x 800) Touchscreen
- Supported Audio Formats: WAV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE(Normal, High, Fast), AAC, ALAC, AIFF, DFF, DSF
- Sample rate: PCM: 8kHz ~ 384kHz (8/16/24/32bits per Sample) / DSD Native: DSD64(1bit 2.8MHz), Stereo / DSD128(1bit 5.6MHz), Stereo / DSD256(1bit 11.2MHz), Stereo
- Output Level: [Phone Out] Normal: Unbalance 2Vrms / Balance 2Vrms (Condition No Load) High: Unbalance 4Vrms/ Balance 7Vrms (Condition No Load) [Line Out] Unbalance 2Vrms / Balance 2Vrms (Condition No Load)
- DAC: AKM AK4490 x1 (Single DAC)
- Decoding: Support up to 32bit / 384kHz Bit to Bit Decoding
- Input: USB Type-C input (for charging & data transfer (PC & MAC)) / Connection Mode : MTP (Media Device)
- Outputs: [Phone Out, Line Out] PHONES (3.5mm) / Balanced Out (2.5mm, only 4-pole supported) [USB Audio] micro USB Connection / PCM: Up to 32bit 384kHz / DSD 2.8MHz, 5.6MHz
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz)
- Bluetooth: V4.0 (A2DP, AVRCP, aptXTM HD)
- Dimensions: 2.80 ”(71.23 mm) [W] x 4.56 ”(115.8 mm) [H] x 1.01 ”(25.6 mm) [D]
- Weight: 9.83 oz (278.7 g)
- Feature Enhancements: Firmware upgrades supported (OTA)
- Frequency Response: [Phone Out] ±0.067dB (Condition: 20Hz~20kHz) Unbalance & Balance ±0.75dB (Condition: 20Hz~70kHz) Unbalance & Balance [Line Out] ±0.07dB (Condition: 20Hz~20kHz) Unbalance & Balance ±0.75dB (Condition: 20Hz~70kHz) Unbalance & Balance
- Signal to Noise Ratio: [Phone Out] 110dB @ 1kHz, Unbalance / 109dB @ 1kHz, Balance [Line Out] 116dB @ 1kHz, Unbalance / 117dB @ 1kHz, Balance
- Crosstalk: [Phone Out] -108dB @ 1kHz, Unbalance / -130dB @ 1kHz, Balance [Line Out] -135dB @ 1kHz, Unbalance / -135dB @ 1kHz, Balance
- THD+N: [Phone Out] 0.004% @ 1kHz, Unbalance / 0.0008% @ 1kHz, Balance [Line Out] 0.0008% @ 1kHz, Unbalance / 0.0007% @ 1kHz, Balance
- IMD SMPTE: [Phone Out] 0.0008% 800Hz 10kHz(4:1) Unbalance / 0.0008% 800Hz 10kHz(4:1) Balance [Line Out] 0.0006% 800Hz 10kHz(4:1) Unbalance / 0.0006% 800Hz 10kHz(4:1) Balance
- Output Impedance: [Phone Out] PHONES 3.5mm (0.65ohm) / Balanced out 2.5mm (1.3ohm) [Line Out] PHONES 3.5mm (1.9ohm) / Balanced out 2.5mm (5ohm)
- Clock Jitter: 30ps(Typ)
- Reference Clock Jitter: 200 Femto Seconds
- Battery Capacity: 6,200mAh 3.7V Li-Polymer Battery
- Built-in Memory: 64GB [NAND]
- External Memory: microSD (Max. 256GB) x1 / SD (Max. 512GB) x1
- Supported OS: Windows XP, Windows 7,8,10 (32/64bit), MAC OS X 10.7 and up