Vivaldi Upsampler is designed to act as the hub of a digital audio system and will transform your listening experience, taking your music collection to levels you have not heard before.
Vivaldi Upsampler features a wired network connection and can stream high resolution audio files stored on a computer or network storage via UPnP. The additional asynchronous USB input on Vivaldi Upsampler also allows direct connection of a computer and supports high resolution audio up to and including 192kHz and DSD in DoP format. The USB interfaces run in asynchronous USB mode, which makes Vivaldi Upsampler immune to jitter from noisy computer master clocks.
Used as part of a complete Vivaldi digital audio playback system, Vivaldi Upsampler brings a performance of effortless realism each and every time.
Operating as a digital-to-digital converter, Vivaldi Upsampler accesses music from any digital source and converts the audio from its native sample rate to either high resolution DXD (24-bit data at 352.8 or 384kS/s), DSD (1-bit data at 2.822MS/s) or standard high resolution PCM (24-bit data up to 192kS/s). The results gained from Vivaldi Upsampler are extraordinary - a more vibrant, three-dimensional, transparent and effortless performance.
Vivaldi Upsampler is Apple Authenticated and supports playback of iPod/iPhone-stored digital media, bypassing the iPod/iPhone internal DAC to ensure optimal performance. USB memory hardware is also supported.
An array of independently selectable digital inputs (RJ45, USB, AES, S/PDIF, SDIF-2, TOSLINK) completes the versatility of this powerful machine and elevates the performance of Red Book CD from CD players or high resolution audio from digital streamers to a previously unsurpassed level.
dCS pioneered the use of external clocks in digital audio systems and the redesigned multi-stage Phase-Locked-Loop (PLL) system used in Vivaldi Upsampler sets world-beating standards for accuracy and control of troublesome jitter from the incoming audio stream.
Control of such a versatile product is extremely simple with the user having the choice of using the full colour front panel menu, Vivaldi Controller App or the premium dCS remote control. The Vivaldi Controller App also allows users to change DAC inputs and volume, simplifying the control experience further.
The dCS ‘soft’ approach to programmable logic makes it extremely easy for users to update Vivaldi Upsampler software, whether adding new features, installing performance upgrades or adapting to changes in digital formats.
- Utilises the latest generation dCS Digital Processing Platform for state-of-the-art measured performance and unrivalled fidelity.
- Designed for maximum flexibility, both input and output configuration can be optimised for systems with various digital sources.
- New auto clocking mode used in the Vivaldi range improves ease-of-use and jitter performance when used with various digital sources.
- Improved power supplies give lower running temperature and superior tolerance to AC supply variations.
- Multi-stage regulation ensures sensitive analogue circuitry is unaffected by digital interference.
- Aerospace-grade machined aluminium chassis fitted with tuned acoustic damping panels reduces magnetic effects and vibration.
• Type: Digital-to-Digital Converter.
• Color: Silver or Black.
• Dimensions (WxDxH): 444mm/17.5” x 435mm/17.2” x 125mm/5.0”. Allow extra depth for cable connectors. Allow space for air flow around the unit.
• Weight: 14.2 kg/31.3lbs.
• Digital Inputs: Network interface on an RJ45 connector Acts as UPnP renderer and streams digital music from a NAS or local computer over a standard Ethernet network, decoding all major lossless formats including FLAC, WAV, AIFF, WMA up to 24 bit 192kS/s native sample rate. Other supported file formats include ALAC, MP3, M4a, AAC and OGG. Some formats are limited to lower sample rates. USB 2.0 interface on a type B connector. Operates in Asynchronous USB mode, Audio Class 1 or Class 2. Class 2 mode will accept up to 24 bit PCM at 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352.8, 384 kS/s and DSD in DOP format. USB-on-the-go interface on A-type connector, streams audio files from a USB flash drive or iPod/iPhone. Will accept up to 24 bit PCM at 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 or 192kS/s and operates in asynchronous USB mode. 1x AES3 on a 3-pin female XLR connector. 4x SPDIF on 2x RCA Phono, 1x BNC connectors and 1x TosLink optical connector. 1x SDIF-2 PCM interface on 2x BNC connectors + Word Clock. All electrical digital inputs will accept PCM data at up to 24 bit PCM at 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192kS/s & DOP. The TosLink input and SDIF-2 interface are limited to a maximum of 96kS/s.
• Digital Outputs: 2x AES3 on 3-pin female XLR connectors. Each outputs 24 bit PCM at 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192kS/s & DSD in DOP format, OR as a Dual AES pair at 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352.8, 384kS/s or DOP. 2x SPDIF on RCA Phono and BNC connectors. Each outputs 24 bit PCM at 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192kS/s & DOP.
• Upsampling Rates: Data from any input may be converted to 24 bit PCM at 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352.8 or 384kS/s or DSD (1 bit data at 2.822MS/s). The output sample rate must be equal to or greater than the input sample rate.
• Word Clock I/O: Word Clock input on 2x BNC connector. Accepts standard Word Clock at 32, 38.4, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 or 192kHz. Sensitive to TTL levels. Word Clock output on 1x BNC connector. Outputs standard Word Clock at a frequency equal to the (single wire) output data rate, or 44.1kHz when set to output DSD.
• Spurious Responses: Better than -100dB0 @ 20Hz-20kHz for Fs> 32kS/s, 20Hz-14kHz for 32kS/s.
• Filters: A choice of anti-alias filters is available for 10 popular conversions.
• Software Updates: Loaded from CD-R via PCM digital inputs or PC via USB input.
• Local Control: dCS Premium Remote handset is supplied with Vivaldi DAC. RS232 (controlled by a third party device). dCS-programmed Nevo Q50 or the Premium Remote are available as an optional extra. Vivaldi Controller App available for iOS and Android.
• Power Supply: Factory set for 100, 115, 220 or 230V AC, 49-62Hz.
• Power Consumption: 15 Watts typical/18 Watts maximum.