Sumiko Starling Cartridge
Sumiko’s new flagship open-architecture moving coil cartridge uses the same resonance-reducing body design as the Songbird, but introduces a long-grain boron cantilever and a Micro-Ridge stylus.
This allows the Starling to render the grandeur of an orchestra, while still preserving air and space, or to realize every detail of a nuanced jazz recording with its responsive dynamics and deep silences.
The mechanical silence of the Starling concedes a dynamic linearity across the entire spectrum that allows it to handle even the most demanding passages with effortless poise and convincing drive.
• Cartridge Type: Moving Coil
• Stylus: Micro-Ridge
• Cantilever Material: boron
• Wire Material: pure copper
• Internal Impedance: 28Ω
• Load Impedance: >100Ω
• Frequency Response: 12Hz – 50kHz
• Output Voltage: 0.5mV
• Channel Separation: 35dB @ 1kHz
• Channel Balance: <0.5dB @ 1KHz
• Compliance: 12×10-6 cm/dyn @ 100Hz
• Recommended Load Capacitance: 100pf – 200pF
• Vertical Tracking Angle: 20°
• Tracking Force: 1.8g – 2.2g
• Recommended Force: 2.0g
• Cartridge Weight: 9.5g