After extensive research on various ways to improve the quality of power, STROMTANK opts for a radically different approach.
By making you completely independent from the traditional, fluctuating domestic power grid, STROMTANK gives you your own, independent power plant to supply your audio components.
Only the STROMTANK power generator offers you the unique opportunity to provide your system with stable energy, completely disconnected from the electrical grid.
Each Stromtank model has 2 different working modes:
ON-GRID (blue illumination at front meter)
STROMTANK supplies the audio system from the electrical grid according to the principle of a regenerator, but with one important difference: an insufficient power supply will be compensated by a block of rechargeable batteries, which thanks to an permanent controlling of the system is able to supply as much energy as required (boost-function)
OFF-GRID (green illumination at front meter)
All audio components connected to STROMTANK are supplied solely by the batteries with constant current. The average autonomous operating time is 4-8 hours, depending on the choice of STROMTANK model and the energy consumption of the connected components. When the battery state-of-charge reaches a critical minimum, the STROMTANK will automatically recharge itself from the mains.
STROMTANK was possible by using the new and innovative battery technology: lithium iron phosphate (LFP).
STROMTANK uses a special type of LFP battery that shines with maximum power delivery, maximum lifetime, voltage stability and intrinsic safety.
Another essential point is the lifetime of STROMTANK’s LFP batteries. This is ensured by their battery management system specially developed for these needs. Decisive for the long life cycle of a battery is the professional treatment of each individual cell with an intelligent, active battery management system.
Its priority tasks are:
- Active balancing up to 10A bi-directional (charging & discharging)
- Inspection of temperature, voltage, current load and state-of-charge of each single cell
- Absolutely maintenance free
- Technology: computer controlled lithium-iron-phosphate battery array (LiFePO4) for long life
- Storage capacity: 1.000 Wh
- Nominal battery voltage: 24 Vdc
- Input voltage range: 100 – 130 Vac or 200 – 245 Vac
- Input frequency: 50 or 60 Hz (factory setting)
- Input current adjusted: 8 Aac (factory setting)
- Transfer time: < 15 ms (on grid to off grid)
- Output voltage: 100-130 Vac or 200 – 245 Vac (pure sine wave)
- Output frequency: 50 or 60 Hz +/- 0.05% (crystal controlled)
- Continues output power @ 25°C: 450 VA
- Output power 30 min. @ 25°C: 700 VA
- Peak power 3 sec. @ 25°C: 1.800 VA
- AC output receptacles: 8x US sockets (4x Hubbell duplex Hospital spec. grade) or 4x Schuko sockets (Furutech High performance NCF)
- Weight:: 41 kg / 90 lbs
- Dimension (w x h x d): 48 x 22 x 47 cm / 19 x 9 x 19 inches