Unique and essential, Olympica Nova I is the bookshelf model of the Olympica Nova line. Wonderfully finished in its clean design, this model has the duty of providing a uniform and flawless sound and integrates in any home environment.
Available in Wengè and Walnut finishes with optional stands.
Since 1983, many moments have marked the history of Sonus faber; the launch of the Olympica Collection 6 years ago is one of them. One of the first lines presented as a complete family of products, but above all, the very first one to feature original drivers, entirely designed in Sonus faber.
Olympica Nova is the second generation of the iconic family of 2013, improved in its form and substance, imbued with the timeless values that inspired Sonus faber in creating the original line. The result is a new collection that embraces the most advanced technologies that already enhance Sonus faber's most prestigious creations.
Unique and essential, Olympica Nova I is the bookshelf model of the line. Wonderfully finished in its clean design, this model has the duty of providing a uniform and flawless sound and integrates in any home environment.
- WOOD: Just like the cabinet sides, the front baffle and the top are made in the walnut or wengè hand-finished natural wood, set in a solid die-cast aluminum plate.
- LEATHER: Natural leather embellishes the Voice of Sonus faber, the brand’s iconic configuration of tweeter and midrange, and enriches the aesthetic rings around the woofers. Genuine Italian leather that, as per the brand’s tradition, is applied by hand in the production department in Vicenza.
- TWEETER: The 28 mm silk soft dome tweeter features the DAD™ technology (Damped Apex Dome™) that enhances the smoothness and extension in the high frequency by applying local dampening to the apex typically responsible for anti-phase behavior of soft dome diaphragms. The DAD™ structure has been totally redesigned; a solid piece of aluminum die-cast includes both arch and ring on the dome to increase the strength and accuracy of the system.
- MIDWOOFER: Follows the same construction of the midrange of its siblings, with 2 main differences. The Dust-cap, coated in fabric to provide an air-tight seal to maximizes the moving surface, increases air movement without distortion. The moving coil optimized for bass performance with much longer throw, improves driver excursion and the overall magnetic field.
- STRUCTURAL RIGIDITY: Similar to the Homage Tradition and Reference Collections, the walls are made with eight layers of bended wood, providing the cabinet with extreme rigidity. Inside the cabinet, carefully placed structural ribs are used as reinforcement to reduce vibration and to handle the overall power of the transducers movement.
- REFLEX PORT: The solid piece of extruded aluminum that completes the Stealth Ultraflex™ system, an extremely low-turbulence porting system, is inherited from Homage Tradition models. Favoring the profile of sea waves, the structure facilitates airflow through the duct while controlling its speed and reducing the distortion-causing turbulence.
- CROSSOVER: The crossover network implements Paracross Topology™, making the crossover less sensitive to radio-frequency interference, improving transient response and lowering noise floor. The filtering topology features new exclusive Clarity Cap capacitors, customized for Sonus faber.
- SYSTEM: 2 way, full para-aperiodic vented box “Stealth Ultraflex”, floorstanding loudspeaker system.
- TWEETER: H28 XTR3, Neodymium “cup design” motor system with DAD™, Ø 28 mm
- MIDWOOFER: M15 XTR2-04, CCAW wire on a “eddy current free” voice coil, Ø 150 mm
- CROSSOVER: 2.500 Hz
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 45 Hz – 35.000 Hz
- SENSITIVITY: 87 dB SPL (2.83V/1 m)
- NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 4 ohm
- SUGGESTED AMPLIFIER POWER OUTPUT: 35 W – 250 W, without clipping
- LONG-TERM MAX INPUT VOLTAGE (IEC 268-5): 20 Vrms
- DIMENSIONS (HXWXD): 14 x 7.8 x 15.5 inches without stands; 42.4 x 11.1 x 15.5 inches with stands
- WEIGHT: 10.5 kg - net weight (17.1 Kg stand included); 23.1 lbs - net weight (37.6 lb stand included)