The HDV 820 is a digital headphone amplifier, designed to complete the Sennheiser audio experience. It offers consistent, symmetrical signal processing and extremely low harmonic distortion to ensure unadulterated and perfect music enjoyment.
The heart of the new HDV 820 is a formidable ESS SABRE32 DAC (digital-to-analog converter) that surpasses the previous generation with an even higher resolution of 32 bits and a sampling rate of up to 384 kHz. The amplifier is also capable of playing DSD256 files of up to 12.3 MHz.
With a breadth of audio outputs that include XLR3, XLR4, 6.3 mm, and a 4.4 mm Pentaconn socket, it is easy to find the optimal way to connect your headphones with the HDV 820. It performs brilliantly with digital sources, whether optically, coaxially, or via USB, and features balanced (XLR) and unbalanced (RCA) analogue inputs. The HDV 820 also comes supplied with a dedicated, country-specific power cable.
Fittingly for an audio component that delivers such an incredibly pure sonic experience, the HDV 820 has also been created to delight visually. It features a new anodized black finish with white LED lights that perfectly complement Sennheiser’s range of high-end headphones.
• Dimensions: Approx. 224 x 44 x 306 mm
• Frequency response: < 10 Hz to > 100 kHz
• THD, total harmonic distortion: < 0.001 %
• Weight: Approx. 2.25 kg
• Power consumption: Nominal 12 W (2 x 300 Ω headphones connected to the 4.4 mm outputs)
• Gain: UNBAL input/XLR-4 output: Adjustable 14 dB, 22 dB, 30 dB, 38 dB, 46 dB; BAL input/XLR-4 output: 16 dB
• Operating voltage (mains): 100 – 240 V ~, 50 – 60 Hz
• Dynamic range: > 115 dB @ 600 Ω load (A-weighted)
Monday: By Appointment
Tuesday: 10am - 6pm
Wednesday: 10am - 6pm
Thursday: 10am - 6pm (additional evening hours by appointment)
Friday: 10am - 6pm
Saturday: 10am - 5pm