Our goal with this new website is to provide our visitors an easier way to learn about Paragon's services, and to allow you to shop and browse information easier. We hope you like our new and improved website! We welcome feedback.
Pre Box S2 Digital marks a new era for Pro-Ject's S-series components. For the very first time they are using a dual mono configuration with the highest class D/A converters of ESS Sabre. Their flagship DAC-chip ensures highest class audio in a small and affordable package. This DAC is capable of high-resolution audio up to 32bit/768kHz PCM and DSD512! Pre Box S2 Digital is the very first Pro-Ject device to support hardware MQA unfolding.
Pre Box S2 Digital marks a new era for Pro-Ject’s S-series components. For the very first time they are using a dual mono configuration with the highest class D/A converters of ESS Sabre. Their flagship DAC-chip ensures highest class audio in a small and affordable package.
This DAC is capable of high-resolution audio up to 32bit/768kHz PCM and DSD512! Pre Box S2 Digital is the very first Pro-Ject device to support hardware MQA unfolding. It’s also the premiere of the proprietary Optimum transient digital filter and proprietary clock circuitry design.
Digital audio is the art of time – with Pro-Ject’s new proprietary clock design, they have managed jitter rates of an unrivaled 100 Femtoseconds, which easily outperforms many renowned and respected audiophile clock generators.
With organic polymer capacitors and thin film mini-MELF resistors, Pro-Ject was able to create a tiny device that will blow away even much bigger components. With a total of eight digital filters, the sound can be shaped precisely to the listeners liking.
Pre Box S2 Digital is fully remote controllable, and it can also control the playback software of a computer. You can use Play, Pause, Forward, and Rewind straight with your Pre Box S2 Digital!
• Dual mono construction
• High end ESS Sabre ESS9038 dual DAC
• Proprietary clock circuity design
• Organic polymer capacitors and thin film mini-MELF resistors
• MQA hardware decoding
• DSD64, DSD128, DSD256 & DSD512 (DoP, DSD512 native)
• Up to 24bit/192kHz for optical & coax inputs
• 8 selectable digital filter characteristics
• 1 proprietary optimum transient digital filter
• Headphone output on the front (6.3mm)
• Synchronization of all internal oscillators
• Jitter as low as 100 Femtoseconds
• Gold plated four layer PCB
• Full alu/metal sandwich casing in silver or black
• Digital inputs: 1x USB (B), 1x Co-axial (RCA), 1x Optical (TOSLink)
• D/A-converter: 2x ESS9038Q2M 32-bit
• USB: up to DSD512 (DSD1024), PCM up to 32b/768kHz
• Optical: PCM up to 24b/192kHz
• Coaxial: PCM up to 24b/192kHz
• Filter settings: 7 different selectable on front
• Frequency response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
• Analog outputs: 6.3mm Headphone (front), 1x Variable Out (RCA)
• Output voltage: 2.05 Veff
• Minimal recommended headphone impedance: 8 Ohm
• Headphone output power: 6.6 mW / 600 Ohm; 68 mW / 32 Ohm
• THD: 0.0003% @ 0 dB, 2V RMS, 1 kHz
• Dynamic range: 124 dBA
• Outboard Power supply: 5V/1A DC (included)
• Dimensions W x H x D: 103 x 37 x 122 mm (including knob and connectors)
• Weight: 366 g (without power supply)
Sign up for our newsletter
Sign up for our mailing list to receive new product alerts, event invites, and special trade-in offers.