Our goal with this new website is to provide our visitors an easier way to learn about Paragon's services, and to allow you to shop and browse information easier. We hope you like our new and improved website! We welcome feedback.
The Pro-Ject Phono Box Ultra 500 is like no other phono preamplifier in its class. The "500" in the name celebrates the five-hundred thousandth Phono Box that Pro-Ject shipped in early 2018. The name also refers to the limited worldwide availability of just 500 pieces.
The Pro-Ject Phono Box Ultra 500 is like no other phono preamplifier in its class. The “500” in the name celebrates the five-hundred thousandth Phono Box that Pro-Ject shipped in early 2018. The name also refers to the limited worldwide availability of just 500 pieces. Pro-Ject used this milestone as an occasion to create a one-of-a-kind phono preamp – the Phono Box Ultra 500.
The polished chrome surface outshines every competitor in this price range, delivering an elegant aesthetic. Underneath this surface, Pro-Ject uses a copper body, which is known to protect against high-frequency interference. The internal design has also been reworked. Pro-Ject is now offering a fully discrete, operational amplifier-less design, which enabled them to realize an incredibly harmonious sound.
On top of leaving out operational amplifiers, Pro-Ject decided to use polystyrene capacitors, which significantly contribute to the high-end sound Phono Box Ultra 500 offers.
Available in high-gloss chrome finish.
• Limited, exclusive edition of 500 pieces
• Audiophile Performance
• Chrome surface on Copper body
• No operational amplifiers used!
• Audiophile-grade polystyrene capacitors
• Precise RIAA equalization
• Switchable Subsonic filter –18dB @ 20Hz
• Switchable input impedance/capacitance
• Four adjustable gain levels
• Outstanding sound quality
• Input impedance: 10/100/1k/47k Ohms
• Input capacitance: 100/220 pF
• Gain switch: 40/43/50/53/60/63 dB
• Subsonic: -18 dB @ 20 Hz
• SNR: – 89 dB V (MM)
• THD: 0.00052%
• RIAA: < 0.4 dB / 20 Hz – 20k Hz
• In/Out sockets: One pair RCA sockets, each
• Power consumption: 18 V / 80 mA
• Outboard power supply: 18 Volt DC / 500 mA
• Dimensions (WxHxD): 103 x 37 x 119 mm
• Colour: Chrome polished
• Weight: 700 g without power supply
Availability: This product typically ships in 1-2 weeks.
Sign up for our newsletter
Sign up for our mailing list to receive new product alerts, event invites, and special trade-in offers.