Phono Box S was a product favorite, as it offered unrivalled sonics and versatility at a very affordable price. When Pro-Ject created the Phono Box S2, its successor, it had to have exactly that but improve on sound even further.
Phono Box S2 features incredible micro-details, dynamics, and precision with a soundstage usually found in much more expensive products.
The new S2 style housing is made of an aluminum / metal sandwich construction, and not only offers the highest aesthetics but also outstandingly protects it from unwanted electromagnetic interferences and vibrations. This guarantees for an undisturbed listening experience without worries.
The switches on the bottom of the unit allow fine tuning the sound to your preferences and adjusting Phono Box S2 to any available cartridge!
Phono Box S was considered the best option of all entry-level phono stages by many acclaimed hifi magazines, Phono Box S2 is sure to follow its predecessor‘s footsteps and will set new standards at this price point!
- Audiophile performance
- Dual mono configuration
- Audiophile-grade amplification modules
- Audiophile-grade polypropylene WIMA capacitors
- Precise RIAA equalisation
- Switchable Subsonic filter –12dB @ 20Hz
- Switchable input impedance/capacitance
- 4 adjustable gain levels
- Outstanding sound quality
- Available in silver or black
- Handmade in Europe
- Input impedance: 10ohms, 100ohms, 1kohm (typical for low output MC cartridges)
- Input capacitance/impedance: 100pF, 200pF, 320pF and 420pF */47kohms (typical for MM cartridges or high output MC. *Input capacitance is irrelevant for low output MC cartridges.)
- Input gain: 40 and 43dB B / 60 and 63dB (typical for low output MC cartridge)
- Noise floor MM: 94dB (A weighted) at 40dB and 43dB input gain
- Noise floor MC: 75dB (A weighted) at 60dB and 63dB input gain
- THD MM: <0,01% at 40dB and 43dB input gain
- THD MC: <0,05% at 60dB and 63dB input gain
- RIAA-equalisation curve accuracy: 20Hz – 20kHz / max. 0,4dB
- Subsonic filter: at 20Hz with 12dB/octave
- Input: 1 pair RCA/phono sockets
- Line-level output: 1 pair RCA/phono sockets
- Outboard power supply: 18V/500mA DC, suitable for your country’s mains supply
- Power consumption: 85mA DC, <1W in standby