The Phono Box RS is an ultra-low noise and distortion phono preamplifier for the analog audio purist, designed to deliver breathtaking performance from your phono cartridge through the availability of an unprecedented range of adjustments.
Proper impedance-matching is key to great sound, and the Phono Box RS provides the ability to continuously vary impedance from 10-1,200 ohms, even during playback. Top-grade component parts are used throughout the dual mono circuit topology ensuring exceptional quietness and purity of sound. Unique features include a fully passive selectable RIAA and DECCA phono equalization circuit, full compatibility with MC and MM cartridges via selectable load capacitance, and fully-balanced inputs and outputs.
Heavily shielded chassis metalwork is used to protect against the negative effects of vibration and electrical interference. The Phono Box RS is a high-performance value ‐ rarely is there a product that delivers such clear, detailed and smooth sound from vinyl records at such a modest price.
• Input Impedance: Variable: Stepless 10 ohms ‐ 1,200 ohms A *
• Input Capacitance / Impedance: Variable: 100pF, 200pF, 300pF, 420pF and 520pF/47k ohms B
• Input Impedance: Fixed: 10 ohms A *
• Input Gain (+ 6dB using XLR): 40dB and 50dB B / 60dB A
• Noise Floor: 80dB (91dB ‐ IEC -A)
• THD: < 0.019%
• RIAA EQ Curve Accuracy: 20 Hz – 20 kHz / max 0.3 dB
• Subsonic Filter: at 20Hz with 12dB/octave
• Input: 1 pair RCA Jacks, 1 pair XLR
• Power Supply: 2 x 18V/250mA DC
• Power Consumption: 150mA DC, <1W in standby
• Dimensions (WHD): 8.1 x 2.9 x 7.9 in., 206 x 72 x 200 mm
• Weight: 4.4 lbs., 2.000g without power supply
• Finish: Black or Silver (Special Order Finish)
• Warranty: 2-Years
Monday: By Appointment
Tuesday: 10am - 6pm
Wednesday: 10am - 6pm
Thursday: 10am - 6pm (additional evening hours by appointment)
Friday: 10am - 6pm
Saturday: 10am - 5pm