This product has been discontinued by the manufacturer and a newer version
is now available. Questions? Contact us
The MA9000 Integrated Amplifier, McIntosh's largest integrated in both size and power, offers 300 Watts per channel and combines McIntosh's amplifier and preamplifier expertise into one comprehensive unit.
There are enough inputs and outputs on the MA9000 to last a lifetime. The 10 analog connections are comprised of 2 balanced and 6 unbalanced inputs, plus 1 Moving Coil and 1 Moving Magnet for turntable connectivity. Both phono inputs feature adjustable loading for fine tuning of vinyl playback. All unbalanced analog connectors are made from premium gold-plated solid brass for superior signal handling and grounding.
On the digital side, 2 coax, 2 optical, 1 USB and 1 MCT input (for use with the MCT450 SACD/CD Transport) are all housed in the new DA1 Digital Audio Module. The DA1 can be easily replaced by future modules to keep your MA9000 up to date as new digital audio formats and technologies are developed. The DA1 utilizes a powerful 8-channel, 32-bit Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) used in Quad Balanced mode.
The coax and optical inputs will decode music up to 24-bit/192kHz for high-resolution audio playback; the USB input accepts even higher PCM signals up to 32-bit/384kHz and supports up to DSD256 and DXD 384kHz. All inputs can be given custom names for user-friendly system control and configuration. All inputs also function independently of each other, and each is always available for use regardless of how your sources are connected.
The MA9000 features the new McIntosh Monogrammed Heatsinks™ that are made from high quality materials with excellent thermal conductivity properties. They are so efficient at dissipating heat that they warrant bearing the McIntosh “Mc” logo. They are connected to advanced high current output transistors that eliminate thermal equilibrium lag time (or warm-up time), meaning the first note played will sound just as good as those played later in your listening session.
New, more powerful control microprocessors have been used in the MA9000 to improve overall system operation. Some of the latest audio-grade circuit components have also been utilized to allow the MA9000 to deliver the best sound possible. At 300 Watts per channel, the MA9000 has enough power to properly drive virtually all loudspeakers – and the renowned McIntosh Autoformer guarantees your speakers will always receive that full 300 Watts regardless if they have 2, 4 or 8 Ohm impedance.
The entire unit is wrapped in the classic McIntosh aesthetic with blue watt meters, a black glass front panel, control knobs, illuminated logo, aluminum end caps with built-in handles and a beautiful polished stainless steel chassis.
- Power Guard® that monitors and adjusts the sound wave at the speed of light to prevent harsh sounding distortion and clipping that could damage your speakers.
- Sentry Monitor™ is McIntosh's fuse-less short-circuit protection circuit that disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating levels and then resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal.
- Home Theater PassThru that allows for seamless integration into a home theater system High Drive headphone amplifier with Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®), which can bring an added dimension to headphone listening.
- A discrete, eight-band tone control that allows for advanced manual analog adjustment of your favorite recordings. Power Control to send power on/off signals to connected McIntosh components for easy system power up and shutdown.
- McIntosh's patented Solid Cinch™ speaker binding posts that easily but securely attach the speaker cables to prevent them from coming loose and possibly causing a short; the binding posts are also gold-plated to prevent corrosion and ensure a quality signal is sent over your speaker cables to your speakers.
- Power Output per Channel: 300 Watts
- Number of Channels: 2
- Speaker Impedance: 2, 4, or 8 Ohms
- Rated Power Band: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.005%
- Dynamic Headroom: 1.8dB
- Frequency Response +0,-0.5dB: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Frequency Response, +0, -3dB: 10Hz to 100kHz
- Sensitivity Phono Moving Coil / Moving Magnet: 0.30mV / 3.0mV
- Sensitivity High Level (Balanced / Unbalanced): 0.6V/0.3V
- Sensitivity (Power Amp): 1.7V
- Signal To Noise Ratio Moving Coil / Moving Magnet: 82 dB / 84 dB
- Signal To Noise Ratio High Level / Power Amp: 98 dB / 114 dB
- Input Impedance (Balanced / Unbalanced): 10K/22K
- Damping Factor: >40
- Maximum Output (Balanced / Unbalanced): 8V Unbalanced / 16V Balanced
- Balanced Input: 2
- Unbalanced Input: 6
- Phono Input: 1 (adjustable loading) each, Moving Coil and Moving Magnet
- Upgradeable Digital Audio Module: Yes
- Digital Coaxial Input: 2
- Digital Optical Input: 2
- Digital MCT (DIN) Input: 1
- Digital USB Input: 1
- Balanced Variable Output: 1
- Unbalanced Fixed Output: 1
- Unbalanced Variable Output: 1
- Headphone Output: 1/4" High Drive with Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®)
- AM/FM Tuner option: No
- Home Theater PassThru: Yes
- Unbalanced Analog Connector Type: Premium gold-plated solid brass
- Speaker Binding Post Type: Patented Solid Cinch™ Speaker Binding Posts
- Service Port: 1
- Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) Type: 8-channel, 32-bit/192kHz PCM/DSD, Quad Balanced
- Digital Coaxial Input Sample Rate: 24-bit/44.1kHz to 192kHz
- Digital Optical Input Sample Rate: 24-bit/44.1kHz to 192kHz
- Digital MCT (DIN) Input Sample Rate: 16-bit/44.1kHz (CD) / DSD64 (SACD)
- Digital USB Input Sample Rate: 32-bit/44.1kHz to 384kHz (PCM), DSD64, DSD128, DSD256, DXD352.8kHz, DXD384kHz
- Tone Controls: 8-Band
- Tone Bypass and Input Assign: Yes
- RS232 Control Input: Yes
- Power Control Output: 1 Main, 2 Trigger
- Rear Panel Data Port: 4
- Rear Panel IR Sensor Input: Yes
- Input Level Match: Yes
- Vacuum Tube or Solid State: Solid State
- Output Autoformer: Yes
- Output Meters: Yes
- Dual Layer Chassis: Yes
- Power Requirement: 120V, 50/60Hz, 6.6A
- Standby Power Requirement: Dimensions (W x H x D): 17-1/2” (44.5cm) x 9-7/16” (24 cm) x 22” (55.88cm) including knobs, connectors and cables
- Weight: 101 lbs (45.8kg)
- Shipping Weight: 134 lbs (60.8kg)