Born from JL Audio’s vast collection of advanced technologies, Dominion™ powered subwoofers combine a state-of-the-art subwoofer driver and an advanced Class D amplifier to deliver unmatched performance and value for a wide variety of compact applications.
Born from JL Audio’s vast collection of advanced technologies, Dominion™ powered subwoofers combine a state-of-the-art subwoofer driver and an advanced Class D amplifier to deliver unmatched performance and value for a wide variety of compact applications
Purpose-built to reproduce powerful low-frequency events with stunning impact and precision, the Dominion™ driver employs JL Audio’s exclusive DMA (Dynamic Motor Analysis) technology to produce higher output levels with reduced distortion, as well as improved dynamic tracking and resolution. As a result, Dominion™ subwoofers are capable of peak-to-peak excursions well in excess of 2.5-inches (63 mm – d108), and 2.7 inches (68 mm – d110), without distress or audible distortion.
Dominion™ amplifiers utilize an advanced Class D design in order to extract the most from the long-excursion driver platform. This design features a tightly regulated switching power supply, allowing the amplifier to generate prodigious amounts of unclipped output voltages. These technologies ensure that the Dominion™ powered subwoofers remain in their comfort zone, which is well beyond the point where most small subwoofers run out of power or driver capability.
With a host of signal processing features included, Dominion™ powered subwoofers can be integrated into most systems with ease. Low-pass signals are precisely guided, thanks to the onboard crossover’s 24 dB/octave Linkwitz-Riley alignment. Phase and polarity controls are onboard to aid in achieving the optimal acoustic transition between the subwoofer(s) and main speakers. Flexible input options are on-hand to accept either line-level or speaker-level signals. Connect a JLINK™ TRX system (sold separately) to the onboard Wireless Link port and enjoy the freedom to position your Dominion™ almost anywhere, up to 100 feet (30 meters) away from your source unit.
To contain the immense pressures created by the Dominion™ driver, each beautiful cabinet is carefully engineered and constructed using solid, CNC-cut, MDF material with extensive internal bracing and advanced assembly techniques. All Dominion™ powered subwoofers are built with pride and precision in JL Audio’s U.S. factory to deliver years of listening enjoyment.
• Enclosure Type: Sealed
• Enclosure Finish: Black Gloss or Black Ash
• Frequency Response (Anechoic):
◦ 27 – 111 Hz (±1.5dB)
◦ -3 dB at 25 Hz / 118 Hz
◦ -10 dB at 21 Hz / 143 Hz
• Effective Piston Area (Sd): 48.71 sq in / 0.0314 sq m
• Effective Displacement: 127 cu in / 2.08 L
• Amplifier Power: 750 W RMS short-term
• Power Mode: Automatic (Signal-Sensing)
• Light Modes: N/A
• Unbalanced Inputs: Stereo or Mono (two RCA jacks)
• Balanced Inputs: N/A
• Speaker/High-Level Inputs: Stereo or Mono (removeable plug)
• Input Grounding: Isolated or Grounded
• Input Modes: N/A
• Level Control: Variable, from full mute to +15dB over reference gain
• Filter Mode: Low-Pass
• Filter Slope (dB/Octave): 24 dB
• Filter Frequency Range: 25 Hz – 130 Hz
• Filter Defeatable: Yes
• Polarity: 0 or 180 degrees
• Phase: Variable, 0- 280 degrees, referenced to 80 Hz
• Extreme Low Frequency (E.L.F.) Trim: N/A
• Line Outputs: N/A
• Output to Slave: N/A
• Calibration Mode: N/A
• Width (W): 12 in in / 305 mm
• Height (H): 13.4 in / 340 mm
• Depth (D): 15.86 in / 403 mm
• Net Weight: 38.2 lb / 17.3 kg
Note: Height dimensions include feet. Depth dimensions include grilles.