The CR-1 Active Subwoofer Crossover has been designed by audiophiles, for audiophiles, offering a powerful combination of subwoofer/satellite tuning features, and a complete commitment to analog signal purity.
CR-1 is built around two banks of precision Linkwitz-Riley low-pass and high-pass filters. Multiplying DACs with monolithic ratio matching are employed to adjust the analog circuit’s filter frequencies. This offers superior tracking behavior and far more precise left/right channel balance, compared to conventional approaches.
Another of CR-1’s unique and powerful features is a pair of rotary controls that control the damping of each filter bank. These damping controls dramatically improve the acoustic summing through the crossover region, by compensating for each speaker system’s frequency response. At the center of the front panel, a single intuitive, rotary control permits quick adjustment of the relative level between the subwoofer(s) and main speakers.
To minimize distortion and noise, CR-1 employs top-grade component parts in its all-analog audio circuitry: 1% precision resistors, JFET-input audio-grade op-amps, polypropylene film-and-foil capacitors and metallized-polypropylene film capacitors, to name just a few. We also build CR-1 right here in the U.S.A., to ensure top quality and dependability.
CR-1’s input-output design makes it equally adaptable to studio, mastering suite or audiophile two-channel playback environments. To accommodate dual-mode systems, JL Audio also included a bypass feature that engages a pass-through from a dedicated “Managed Bass Input” on the rear panel, to the CR-1’s subwoofer outputs. This makes it convenient to switch from two-channel to multi-channel mode.
CR-1 is the ultimate tool for subwoofer integration.
• Crossover Function: Bypass or On, selectable via front panel switch
• Subwoofer Output Modes: Mono L+R or Stereo, selectable via front panel switch
• Crossover Frequency Range: 30 Hz – 150 Hz, variable with independent high-pass and low-pass filter frequency controls on front panel
• Subwoofer/Satellite Balance Control: +/– 12 dB, fully variable via front panel knob
• Filter Damping Controls: Q: 0.3 – 1.4 @ 12 dB/octave, via front panel knob
◦Q: 0.16 – 4.0 @ 24 dB/octave, via front panel knob, For either slope
◦Q = 0.5 at top dead center “0” mark
• Filter Slope(s): 12 dB/octave or 24 dB/octave, Linkwitz-Riley selectable via front panel switch
• Output Muting: independent for each output, via front panel push-button switches
• Ground Lift: Isolated/Grounded, via rear panel switch
• Main Stereo Inputs: Unbalanced L/R: (2 RCA jacks), Balanced L/R (2 XLR/TRS combo jacks)
• Managed Bass Inputs: Unbalanced L/R: (2 RCA jacks), Balanced L/R (2 XLR/TRS combo jacks)
• Power Mode(s): Off/On, selectable via front panel switch
• Satellite Line Outputs: Unbalanced (2 RCA jacks), Balanced (2 TRS jacks, 2 XLR jacks)
• Subwoofer Line Outputs: Unbalanced L/R: (2 RCA jacks), Balanced L/R: (2 TRS jacks, 2 XLR jacks)
• Max. Input Voltage: 8 Vrms (+18 dBv)
• Input Impedance: Unbalanced: 50 kΩ, Balanced: 20 kΩ (10 kΩ per leg)
• Max. Output Voltage: 8 Vrms (+18 dBv)
• Output Impedance: Unbalanced: 150 Ω, Balanced: 300 Ω (150 Ω per leg)
• THD+N: < 0.002% at 8 Vrms/10 kΩ20 Hz – 20 kHz, 90 kHz bandwidth
• Channel Separation: >80 dB at 1 kHz
• Low Pass Frequency Response: +0, -1 dB from 5 Hz to 1/4 of filter frequency
• High Pass Frequency Response: +0, -1 dB from 4x filter frequency to 80 kHz
• Power Consumption: 30 Watts (typical, with or without signal)
• Mains Voltage (Frequency): 120V (60 Hz) or 230/240V (50 Hz or 60 Hz), factory-set for destination country
• Width (W): 17.40 in. / 441 mm
• Height (H): 3.80 in / 97 mm
• Depth (D): 15.67 in / 398 mm
• Net Weight: 22 lb / 10 kg
Monday: By Appointment
Tuesday: 10am - 6pm
Wednesday: 10am - 6pm
Thursday: 10am - 6pm (additional evening hours by appointment)
Friday: 10am - 6pm
Saturday: 10am - 5pm