Providing a step-up from the PULSEmini, we engineered the PULSE by adding some significant improvements that increase its performance and how it sounds. For starters, PULSE raises the bar by integrating our new custom RECAP2 LPSU power supply, designed in collaboration with Dr. Sean Jacobs. The RECAP2 uses only high-grade components including:
- Medical-grade filtered IEC
- Audio-grade toroidal transformer with an epoxy-filled center for dampening vibration, magnetic screening with coated SYN-SHIELD copper tape between windings and wrapped in black Mylar Tape
- Over 40000 µF of high-end Mundorf Capacitors
- Coilcraft Inductor
BUILT TO PERFORM
In addition to its substantial linear power supply, PULSE has upgraded coaxial and optical digital outputs with the addition of a balanced AES/EBU digital output for further connectivity with audio systems.
Asymmetrical feet are installed on PULSE to support the player while also being strategically placed to help dampen vibration from the sound system during playback. Even small details like this can add up to improving your music listening experience.
PULSE also has 8GB RAM for handling even larger music library databases.
Visually, PULSE fits well in any system with its wider stance and its bead-blasted, anodized wide front panel made from the best grade aluminum in your choice of Silver or Black.
The PULSE Network Music Player is the perfect choice for someone seeking a bit more out of their player. As the middle player of the PULSE series its sound quality, performance and value simply can’t be ignored.
Each PULSE series Network Music Player has two modes – these modes give you the flexibility to configure your network music player to work the way you want it to. Your music, played your way.
In Standalone mode, you can use the Innuos Sense app to play streaming services, Internet Radio and music stored on a NAS, to a multitude of audio systems. In this mode, the PULSE becomes the center of your audio system, enabling you also to use the Sense app with other streaming devices on your network.
In Endpoint Mode, PULSE connects to a main music server, be it an Innuos Music Server, Roon Core, HQ Player or any server running Logitech Media Server. The PULSE will then show as a zone on the respective music server app and you can use your preferred app to browse and play music through the PULSE.
- Digital Output: Coaxial SPDIF (Up to 24bit/192KHz PCM), Optical SPDIF (Up to 24bit/192KHz PCM), AES/EBU (Up to 24bit/192KHz PCM), USB (Up to 32bit/768KHz, Up to DSD256 via DoP, Up to DSD512 via Native DSD)
- Ethernet: 2 x rear panel RJ45 – Bridged Gigabit Ethernet
- USB: 4x USB 3.0
- Audio Formats Supported for streaming and playing: WAV, AIFF, FLAC, ALAC, AAC, MP3, MQA (with supported DACs)
- Connects to Innuos Music Servers, Logitech Media Server based Servers, Roon Core or HQPlayer Server
- Web Interface: Modern Web Browsers from iOS, Android, Windows and Mac OS X
- Mobile: Innuos Sense App (iOS/Android/Kindle Fire)
- CPU: Intel Quad Core N4200
- Memory: 8GB DDR3 Low-Voltage RAM (4GB Dedicated for RAM Playback)
- UPnP/DLNA: Controls selected UPnP streamers as endpoints via Sense
- Streaming Services: Internet Radio, Qobuz, Radio Paradise, Tidal
- USB DAC Support: USB DACs complying to USB Audio Class 2, USB DACs supporting DSD over DoP protocol, Selected USB DACs supporting Native DSD
- Network: Internet connection to access Internet Radio, Streaming Services and software updates, Network router with at least one available ethernet port, Premium subscription required for some streaming services such as Spotify, Qobuz and Tidal
- Mains Supply: 230V AC / 115V AC – Internal Linear Power Supply
- Power Consumption (Idle): 7W
- Power Consumption (Peak) Standalone mode: 13.7W
- Dimensions: 300mm x 250mm x 74mm (W x D x H)
- Weight: 4,9 Kg