Our goal with this new website is to provide our visitors an easier way to learn about Paragon's services, and to allow you to shop and browse information easier. We hope you like our new and improved website! We welcome feedback.
The new dCS Rossini Player makes superlative sounding music from a wide range of digital sources, simply integrating your digital music and setting the performance standard for digital playback.
This single-box digital music player features the legendary dCS Ring DAC and signal processing platform, plus a custom high performance UPnP music streamer and CD transport.
Rossini plays music through an array of industry-standard USB, AES and S/PDIF digital inputs, and can stream over Ethernet from a NAS drive or online music services such as TIDALTM, SpotifyTM and DeezerTM, and from Apple devices via AirplayTM. An integral disc transport mechanism is fitted for Compact Disc playback.
Designed for flexibility and ease of use without compromise, Rossini uses the very latest dCS Digital Processing Platform and Ring DACTM technology, originally developed for the flagship Vivaldi series. Its single FPGA brings improved signal processing and superior flexibility, effectively making it future-proof.
Latest generation dCS Digital Processing Platform brings state-of-the-art signal processing and flexibility.
dCS Ring DAC fitted, as used in the flagship dCS Vivaldi digital playback system.
Digital inputs support UPnP, asynchronous USB and Apple Airplay sources, plus AES, Dual AES and S/PDIF digital audio streams.
Streaming services supported include TIDAL, Spotify Connect and Deezer.
Integral, high quality CD transport for silver disc playback.
Multi-stage DXD oversampling design with optional DSD upsampling; user-selectable DSP and DSD filters.
Auto clocking system improves ease of use and minimises jitter.
Multi-stage power regulation and twin mains transformers isolate analogue, digital and clock circuitry.
Firmware-upgradeable for future functionality and performance upgrades.
• Type: Upsampling CD/Network Player.
• Color: Silver or Black.
• Dimensions (WxDxH): 444mm/17.5” x 435mm/17.2” x 151mm/6.0”. Allow extra depth for cable connectors.
• Weight: 17.4kg/38.3lbs.
• Converter Type: dCS proprietary Ring DACTM topology.
• Digital Inputs: Network interface on an RJ45 connector–Acts as a UPnPTM renderer in Asynchronous mode, streaming digital music from a NAS or local computer over a standard Ethernet network, decoding all major lossless formats including FLAC, WAV & AIFF at up to 24 bit 384kS/s native sample rate, plus DSD/64 & DSD/128 in DFF/DSF format. Other supported formats include WMA, ALAC, MP3, AAC & OGG. Some formats are limited to lower sample rates. Accepts data streamed from an iPod, iPhone or iPad via Apple AirPlay, 44.1 or 48kS/s only. Network Loop Out connector on a second RJ45 connector. USB 2.0 interface on a B-type connector operating in Asynchronous mode, will accept up to 24 bit PCM at up to 384kS/s plus DSD/64 & DSD/128 in DoP format. Operates in Class 1 or 2 mode. USB-on-the-go interface on type A connector operating in Asynchronous mode, streams digital music from a flash drive at up to 24 bit 384kS/s plus DSD/64. 2x AES/EBU on 3-pin female XLR connectors. Each will accept PCM at up to 24 bit 192kS/s or DSD/64 in DoP format. Used as a Dual AES pair, it will accept PCM at up to 384kS/s, DSD/64 & DSD/128 in DoP format or dCS-encrypted DSD. 2x SPDIF on 1x RCA Phono and 1x BNC connectors. Each will accept PCM at up to 24 bit 192kS/s or DSD/64 in DoP format. 1x SPDIF optical on a Toslink connector will accept PCM at up to 24 bit 96kS/s.
• Mechanism: Stream Unlimited JPL-2800 SilverStrike with aluminium tray.
• Analogue Outputs: Output levels: 2V or 6V rms for full-scale input, set in the menu. Balanced outputs: 1 stereo pair on 2x 3-pin XLR male connectors (pin 2 = hot, pin 3 = cold). These outputs are electronically balanced and floating. Output impedance is 3Ω, maximum load is 600Ω (10k-100kΩ is recommended). Unbalanced outputs: 1 stereo pair on 2x RCA phono connectors. Output impedance is 52Ω, maximum load is 600Ω (10k-100kΩ is recommended).
• Word Clock I/O: 2x Word Clock Inputs on 2x BNC connectors, accept standard word clock at 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 or 192kHz. The data rate can be the same as the clock rate or an exact multiple of the clock rate. Sensitive to TTL levels. Word Clock Output on 1x BNC connector. In Master mode, a TTL-compatible word clock appears on this output.
• Residual Noise: 16-bit data: Better than -96dB0, 20Hz-20kHz unweighted. 24-bit data: Better than -113dB0, 20Hz-20kHz unweighted. (6V output setting).
• L-R crosstalk: Better than -115dB0, 20Hz-20kHz.
• Spurious Responses: Better than -105dB0, 20Hz-20kHz.
• Filters: PCM mode: up to 6 filters give different trade-offs between the Nyquist image rejection and the phase response. DSD mode: 4 filters progressively reduce out-of-audio band noise level.
• Upsampling Rates: DXD as standard or optional DSD upsampling.
• Software Updates: Loaded directly CD-R or via PCM digital inputs or PC via USB input. Download and update functionality available via Rossini App.
• Local Control: dCS Rossini App for Unit Configuration and Music Playback. RS232 interface (controlled by a 3rd party automation system). IR remote control – dCS premium remote control available as an optional extra.
• Power Supply: Factory set to either 100, 115/120, 220 or 230/240V AC, 49-62Hz.
• Power Consumption: 26 Watts typical / 35 Watts maximum.
This item is now discontinued.
Sign up for our newsletter
Sign up for our mailing list to receive new product alerts, event invites, and special trade-in offers.