Clearaudio Performer V2 Ebony MM Cartridge
Clearaudio’s V2 MM technology uses ebony as a resonance resistant body. Other ingredients of the recipe for success are the most effective reduction of moving mass, an optimized polishing technique for the stylus and highly effective cartridge damping. The Performer V2 Ebony MM is a step-above the Concept V2 MM cartridge.
The Clearaudio V2 moving magnet cartridges are meticulously measured, analysed, and hand-selected into four performance levels. In this way Clearaudio achieves the best stereo channel matching, minimum phase error and distortion, flattest frequency response and highest dynamic range at each price point.
The cartridges produce an audiophile sound of superlative quality – spatially detailed and vividly textured, with bass that does not wallow and treble that is not harsh. The models of the Clearaudio MM V2 series provide outstanding sound quality on all current tonearms.
With the exception of the MM concept V2, which is made of aluminium, all the cartridges in this series are made with housings of hand-polished ebony – the key to record-breaking weight values.
• Total mass: 8.4g (± 0.4g)
• Frequency response: 20Hz - 20kHz
• Output voltage (1kHz, 5cm/s): ~ 3.3mV
• Channel separation (1kHz): 20dB
• Channel balance (1kHz): 1.5dB
• Tracking ability: 80μm
• Recommended tracking force: 2.2g ± 0.3g
• Coil impedance (1kHz): 0.66kΩ
• Coil inductance: 400mH
• Load resistance: 47kΩ
• Load capacitance: 100pF
• Cantilever / stylus shape: Aluminium / elliptical
• Compliance: 15μ/mN
• Cartridge body: Ebony wood
• Manufacturer’s warranty: 2 years