Our goal with this new website is to provide our visitors an easier way to learn about Paragon's services, and to allow you to shop and browse information easier. We hope you like our new and improved website! We welcome feedback.
PHASE 3 is an extension to the traditional product lines of our house, joining ultimate demands on sound quality with musical culture and modern lifestyle in a perfect blend. The design-oriented concept incarnates both the timelessness of the Bauhaus style steel tube furniture and the industrial charme of modern lofts. PHASE 3 consists of the digital 161 All-in-One and two B15 loudspeakers.
PHASE 3 is a special order. Please allow 3-4 weeks for delivery.
PHASE 3 is an extension to the traditional product lines of our house, joining ultimate demands on sound quality with musical culture and modern lifestyle in a perfect blend. The design-oriented concept incarnates both the timelessness of the Bauhaus style steel tube furniture and the industrial charme of modern lofts. PHASE 3 consists of the digital 161 All-in-One and two B15 loudspeakers. The 161 All-in-One is technologically based on the 151 Musiccenter, yet offers an integrated power amplifier.
Below the 161 All-in-One a separate compartment can house connected devices like e.g. a set-top box or sat receiver, integrating them with the design ambition of the entire system. PHASE 3 stands for uncompromising high-end sound, intuitive ease of operation via iPad® and Burmester app, it provides a fast access to thousands of musical pieces and combines these benefits with the design of a modern living ambience.
• CD Player • Rip- and streaming functions • Music server • Integrated 2 x 170 W power amp • USB Export • Comfortable control via Burmester iPad®-app • Play music from USB-stick • Internetradio • Play back and import all common audio formats up to 192 kHz / 24 bit
SOPHISTICATED ANALOGUE CIRCUIT TECHNOLOGY:
The 161 All-in-One has a fully DC-coupled signal path without capacitors resulting in a precise bass reproduction due to the nonexistence of phase shift in the audible range.
D/A – CONVERTER:
The sophisticated analogue output stages receive their signal from a reference class converter section, ensuring a finely resolved, musical sound image. Sampling rate for D/A conversion can be selected from either 96 kHz/24 bit or 192 kHz/24 bit, according to personal preference. The D/A converter receives the digital audio data from a sophisticated clock regeneration, which virtually eliminates sound degenerating jitter.
The entire software for operating the 161 comes from the Burmester R&D department. This is why the software consorts perfectly with the mainboard of the arithmetical unit which was custom-modified according to Burmester specifications.
The 161 All-in-One can be operated in several ways. The essential basic functions may be controlled both on the device itself and also via the included infrared remote. Thus you may e.g. adjust the volume or halt the playback by a simple touch of a button without having to call up a menu. Furthermore the 161 All-in-One can also be taken from standby to operation mode with the infrared remote control. The complete operation of all functions is done via the iPad® app or with the web interface. Both applications are also developed in-house entirely.
DATA SAFETY AND RIP FUNCTION:
With the built-in drive the 161 All-in-One cannot just play back CDs, but also rip them in high-end quality, that is store their content onto the integrated hard disks. To ensure the safety of your valuable music files, the unit contains two mirrored hard drives (HDD), each with a capacity of at least 2 TB (hereby the usable harddisk capacity is approx. 2 TB). The first drive is used for storing your music library while the second stores the same information in parallel, to ensure that your files are available as backup at all times. The cover, track and artist information will be matched with the Burmester database prior to the ripping process and added automatically. You can then select if the CDs shall be ripped in the best possible quality or in a quick mode.
FUTURE-PROOF THROUGH WEB ACCESS:
In addition to the possibility of obtaining future updates via the internet, other web services and content suppliers may also be included. This option allows to supply the customer with the latest features.
NETWORK AND WI-FI:
The 161 All-in-One features an ethernet socket (to connect the 161 to an existing non-wireless network) and an integrated Wi-Fi card which is fitted with two antennas. Both antennas are permanently run in parallel so that the stronger wireless connection can be used at all times. That way radio cancellations due to multiple reflections are avoided. With the built-in Wi-Fi card the 161 can serve as access point for wireless devices such as the iPad®. If there is no network available, the 161 All-in-One can also be used in stand-alone mode while still offering all functions which are independent from an internet connection.
• DLNA/UPnP server • High – End rip – function • SSD drive for system storage, 2x 2 TB hard drive capacity for music data storage, Raid 1 system (security with two mirrored hard drives, 2 TB usable) • Burmester reference converter technology with balanced conversion • Sampling rate for D/A conversion can be selected from either 96 kHz/24 bit or 192 kHz/24 bit • Audioformats: FLAC/wav/mp3/ AIFF/OGG/AAC/ALAC (m4a), DSD; Stereo 16 and 24 Bit, up to 192 KHz • Analogue compensation of level jumps between individual tracks • Gapless play by track analysis and intelligent caching • Integration of a Tidal® account* • Integration of a Qobuz® account* • Integration of HIGHRESAUDIO®* • Web – Browser Interface on HTML5 • Export of playlists on a USB-stick • Music playback from a USB stick • Exclusive music database containing over 3.500.000 titles for matching file data from ripped CDs* • Can be integrated in a network via LAN or Wi-Fi • Support for continuously maintained list of Internet radio stations* • Full featured control app for the iPad® (iPad® not included in delivery) • Secure and easy update of system software • Excellent network performance
• Analog inputs: 1 balanced XLR • Digital inputs: 1 RCA, 1 TOSLINK • Analog outputs: 1 balanced XLR, 1 RCA • Digital outputs: 1 RCA, 1 TOSLINK • Headphone jack: 6.3 mm • REMOTE: 1 / 1 IN/OUT • Stereo output channel: 170 W into 4 Ω • Max. output level: 12 V Analog outputs • Damping Factor: 250 • Input Impedance: 16 kΩ/ 7.5 kΩ XLR/RCA • Output Impedance: 550 Ω/300 Ω XLR/RCA • Input Sensitivity: 650 mV re. 1V • Frequency response: < 10 Hz - 90 kHz (Power Amp) -3 dB 10 Hz - ½ FS (DAC) • Signal-to-noise ratio: > 92 dB > 98 dB (DAC) • THD+N: < 0.018 % 1 kHz, Bw 10 Hz-22 kHz < 0.0015 % (DAC) • Gain: variable
• Weight (per piece): 31.5 kg (66.2 lbs) • Dimensions (WxHxD): 635 x 650 x 460 mm • 24.9'' x 25'' x 17.7''
• Weight (per piece): 43 kg (86 lbs) • Dimensions (WxHxD): 575 x 635 x 410 mm • 22.6'' x 24.8'' x 16.6'' B15 Loudspeaker
The B15 loudspeaker has been perfectly tuned to the design and the high-end sound ambitions of the Phase 3 systems. The loudspeakers combine the neutral sound character of the Burmester B10 loudspeaker with an extended low-end reproduction.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS: • Design Principle: 2-way bass reflex • Power rating: 80 Watt • Sensitivity: 88 dB (at 2.83 V / 1 m) • Impedance: 4 Ω • Frequency response: 46 - 45,000 Hz (+/- 3 dB) • Tweeter: Air Motion Transformer • Low-midrange driver: 170 mm (6.7'') fibreglass paper cone • Crossover frequencies: 2000 Hz
• Weight (per piece): 20.3 kg (44.8 lbs) • Dimensions (WxHxD): 311 x 728 x 422 mm • 12.3'' x 28.7'' x 16.7''
• Weight (per piece): 22.5 kg (49.6 lbs) • Dimensions (WxHxD): 251 x 730 x 412 mm • 9.9'' x 28.8'' x 16.3''
Availability: Please allow 3-4 weeks for fulfillment
Sign up for our newsletter
Sign up for our mailing list to receive new product alerts, event invites, and special trade-in offers.