Burmester Audio 161 Top All-in-One System
The design- oriented concept incarnates both the timelessness of the Bauhaus style steel tube furniture and the industrial charm of modern lofts. PHASE 3 consists of the digital 161 All-in-One and two B15 loudspeakers. The 161 All-in-One is technologically based on the 151 Musiccenter, yet offers an integrated power amplifier.
Below the 161 All-in-One a separate compartment can house connected devices like e.g. a set-top box or sat receiver, integrating them with the design ambition of the entire system. PHASE 3 stands for uncompromising high-end sound and intuitive ease of operation via Burmester app on the iPad®, it provides a fast access to thousands of musical pieces and combines these benefits with the design of a modern living ambience.
SOPHISTICATED ANALOGUE CIRCUIT TECHNOLOGY
The 161 All-in-One has a fully DC-coupled signal path without capacitors resulting in a precise bass reproduction due to the nonexistence of phase shift in the audible range.
D/A – CONVERTER
The sophisticated analogue output stages receive their signal from a reference class converter section, ensuring a finely resolved, musical sound image. Sampling rate for D/A conversion can be selected from either 96 kHz/24 bit or 192 kHz/24 bit, according to personal preference. The D/A converter receives the digital audio data from a sophisticated clock regeneration, which virtually eliminates sound degenerating jitter.
The entire software for operating the 161 comes from the Burmester R&D department. This is why the software consorts perfectly with the mainboard of the arithmetical unit which was custom-modified according to Burmester specifications.
The 161 All-in-One can be operated in several ways. The essential basic functions may be controlled both on the device itself and also via the included infrared remote. Thus you may e.g. adjust the volume or halt the playback by a simple touch of a button without having to call up a menu. Furthermore the 161 All-in- One can also be taken from standby to operation mode with the infrared remote control. The complete operation of all functions is done via the iPad® app or with the web interface. Both applications are also developed in-house entirely.
DATA SAFETY AND RIP FUNCTION
With the built-in drive the 161 All-in-One cannot just play back CDs, but also rip them in high-end quality, that is store their content onto the integrated hard disks. To ensure the safety of your valuable music files, the unit contains two mirrored hard drives (HDD), each with a capacity of at least 2 TB (hereby the usable harddisk capacity is approx. 2 TB). The first drive is used for storing your music library while the second stores the same information in parallel, to ensure that your files are available as backup at all times. The cover, track and artist information will be matched with the Burmester database prior to the ripping process and added automatically. You can then select if the CDs shall be ripped in the best possible quality or in a quick mode.
FUTURE-PROOF THROUGH WEB ACCESS
In addition to the possibility of obtaining future updates via the internet, other web services and content suppliers may also be included. This option allows to supply the customer with the latest features.
NETWORK AND WI-FI
The 161 All-in-One features an ethernet socket (to connect the 161 to an existing non-wireless network) and an integrated Wi-Fi card. With the built-in Wi-Fi card the 161 can serve as access point for wireless devices such as the iPad®. If there is no network available, the 161 All-in-One can also be used in stand-alone mode while still offering all functions which are independent from an internet connection
- DLNA/UPnP server
- Integrated 2 x 170 W power amp
- SSD drive for system storage, 2x 2 TB hard drive capacity for music data storage, Raid 1 system (security with two mirrored hard drives, 2 TB usable)
- Burmester reference converter technology with balanced conversion
- Sampling rate for D/A conversion can be selected from either 96kHz/24 bit or 192 kHz/24 bit
- Audioformats: FLAC/wav/mp3/ AIFF/OGG/AAC/ALAC (m4a), DSD; Stereo 16 and 24 Bit, up to 192 KHz
- Analogue compensation of level jumps between individual tracks
- Gapless play by track analysis and intelligent caching
- Integration of a Tidal® account*
- Integration of a Qobuz® account*
- Integration of HIGHRESAUDIO®*
- Web – Browser Interface on HTML5
- Exclusive music database containing over 3.500.000 titles for matching file data from ripped CDs*
- Can be integrated in a network via LAN or Wi-Fi
- Support for continuously maintained list of Internet radio stations*
- Secure and easy update of system software
- Excellent network performance
- CD Player
- Rip- and streaming functions
- Export of playlists on a USB-stick
- Music playback from a USB stick
- Comfortable control via Burmester iPad®- app (iPad® not included in delivery)
- Apple Airplay®
- Analog inputs: 1 XLR
- Digital inputs: 1 RCA, 1 TOSLINK
- Analog outputs: 1 XLR, 1 RCA
- Digital outputs: 1 RCA, 1 TOSLINK
- Head phone jack: 6.3 mm
- Upsampling to 96 kHz/24 bit: yes
- switchable to 192 kHz/24 bit: yes
- Remote controlled: yes
- BurLink: yes
- REMOTE INPUT / OUTPUT: 1 / 1
- Special features: Airplay®, Smooth function
- Weight: 17 kg (37.5 lbs)
- Width: 568 mm (22.4“) x Height: 121 mm (4.8“) x Depth: 376 mm (14.9“)