Burmester 175 Reference Turntable
After more than 35 years of experience in the processing of finest audio signals, Burmester now crowns its series of successful phono preamplifiers with a turntable. Recognizable as a typical Burmester even from the very first glance, the 175 turntable makes use of characteristic design elements of the Reference Line. The integrated signal processing derived from the Burmester 100 phono pre-amplifier processes the fine phono signals at the highest level.
The turntable of the 175 record player has a sandwich construction consisting of two layers of aluminum and a further layer of brass in between. This design principle ensures optimal damping and less resultant resonances. The bitumen coating on the back side of the plate increases the damping properties even further. The platter bearing is designed to be maintenance free for life and therefore always ready for use. The sub-platter with a cone allows easy mounting of the platter and is centered automatically for perfect concentricity.
DRIVE - THE SQUARING OF THE CIRCLE
The 175 turntable is driven by four motors located in the outer square around the sub-platter. This squaring of the circle and the use of multiple belts ensures that no irregular tension arises on the central bearing. The two-fold design of this arrangement shortens the ramp-up time and improves synchronization. This simultaneously results in an improved sound and a fast starting time for the drive. Alongside the mechanical system and the arrangement of the drive components, the control electronics and the motors are also crucial for a great audio experience. The AC synchronous motors used are driven by digital motor electronics which perform their task with a high-precision oscillator and perfect sine and cosine voltages. The electronics are completely immune to fluctuations in the mains voltage frequency. Due to the high level of efficiency of the electronics, driver stages and motors, the entire unit remains cool and free from heat-related impairments.
In addition to the drive, the cardanic mounted 9-inch tone arm with carbon tube acts as the guardian of an almost divine sound quality. Its bearing in the form of a hybrid bearing of steel and ceramic guarantees clean sampling of the vinyl treasures. The anti-skating is gradually adjustable via control knob.
GAIN AND POWER SUPPLY
The 175 is designed as an active turntable. This allows the very small signals from the pick-up to be gently amplified after the shortest possible path. This is the task of the phono boards derived from the legendary Burmester 100 phono pre-amplifier. They have been optimized for the use in the 175 turntable and allow output voltages at a superior level. The use of an external power supply increases the sound quality because hum and interfering components from the mains voltage are banished to a place far away from the highly sensitive pick-up.
- Frequency Respone (+0.2dB/ -3dB): 16 Hz – 102 kHz (16 Hz - Subsonic Filter)
- Output Noise Level: -71 dBV (unweighted 22.4 kHz)
- Input Impedance (adjustable): 4.7 kΩ, 1.0 kΩ, 470 Ω, 330 Ω, 220 Ω, 100 Ω (suggested for factory shipped pickup)
- THD at 1kHz/ 0.5mV: 0.0018 %
- Gain at 1kHz: 70 dB
- Channel difference: < 0.1 dB
- Solid-aluminum chassis with cover plate
- Stands are adjustable in height
- Magnetic damper in floor plate for isolation
- Three layer platter for optimized resonance
- suppression (16,1kg)
- Four AC synchronous motors and four belt
- drive respectively
- Multi layer carbon tube
- Length of tonearm: 9 inches
- Adjustment of azimuth via clamping screw
- Adjustment of weight via fine thread
- Moving Coil cartridge (MC)
- Stylus: Nude Shibata on Sapphire cantilever
- 450 x 400 x 250 mm (Width x Depth x Height)
- 60,75 kg
- 450 x 316 x 97 mm (Width x Depth x Height)
- 8,6 kg