Our goal with this new website is to provide our visitors an easier way to learn about Paragon's services, and to allow you to shop and browse information easier. We hope you like our new and improved website! We welcome feedback.
The 088 preamplifier perfectly melds high-quality sound with attractive visual appearance. Its operation is simple and intuitive and guarantees a relaxed listening experience. As a member of the Burmester preamplifier family it profits greatly from technological and engineering advances that mark, for example, the performance of the Reference Line preamp 077.
The 088 preamplifier perfectly melds high-quality sound with attractive visual appearance. Its operation is simple and intuitive and guarantees a relaxed listening experience. As a member of the Burmester preamplifier family it profits greatly from technological and engineering advances that mark, for example, the performance of the Reference Line preamp 077. Among them are the proven dual-mono design for optimal channel separation, resonance-damping carbon fiber suspension for best insulation from mechanical interferences and DC-coupled signal paths without distorting capacitors for precise bass reproduction.
Two large rotary dials for input selection and volume control dominate the classic chrome front panel of the 088 preamplifier. Different operating modes may be selected using chromed toggle switches on the front panel. The engraved Burmester signature and the model moniker above the power switch, which can be used to switch the 088 on, off or into standby mode, round out the visuals. The rear panel offers the full range of possible connections.
The exquisite chrome front panel, typical for Burmester’s Top Line components, is manufactured in a complex process by carefully chosen suppliers. It immediately indicates the overall built quality relying on highest-quality parts. Even the small screws for bolting the front panel to the housing are individually chrome-plated and checked for perfect quality.
• 5 balanced inputs (XLR 3pol.), can be used as unbalanced inputs via adapter if required
• Seamless integration into home theatre systems using the surround thruput terminal
• Module slot for one optional module:
• Line module (standard), with unbalanced high level input, cinch
• Phono MC3 module (optional), with balanced input, XLR 3pol., input sensitivity and input resistance can be programmed for an ideal adjustment to the pickup, shiftable subsonic filter
• Phono MM2 module (optional), with balanced input, XLR 3pol., input sensitivity and input resistance can be programmed for ideal adjustment to the pickup, shiftable subsonic filter
• D/A converter module (optional), with S/P-DIF input (cinch) and USB slave input, 069 DAC-technology with upsampling to 96kHz and 192kHz selectable
• Input sensitivity can be adjusted individually for every input, therefore disruptive volume leaps when the inputs are changed are avoided
• Phase reversal of inputs for a flexible connection of devices with other devices with differing PIN-configuration of the XLR-plugs
• 1 balanced output with volume control (MAIN OUT), XLR 3pol., equipped with X-AMP2 modules, which have already proven their quality in the Reference 077 Preamplifier
• 1 balanced TAPE-Output, XLR 3pol., with fixed volume for analogue tape recordings
• 1 headphone jack, 6,3mm (1/4“)
• Output amplification for MAIN OUT selectable between LOW and HIGH for the adjustment for connected power amps or active speakers
• Global SETUP-Menu for individual adjustment of basic functions:
• Input sensitivity adjustable for every input from -6dB to +12dB
• Custom labelling of programmable inputs
• Serial number can be read out in display if desired
• Operating controls can be switched off on the device in order to prevent maloperation (child-proof lock)
• Factory settings can be restored at any time
• Separate SETUP-Menu for individual adjustment of special functions:
• Volume balance is adjustable for customized acousticso Volume setting at activation can be programmed
• Volume control and volume indication in steps from 1-60 or dB-steps
• Brightness of display can be adjusted in four steps, display-off function
• Power controlling of other Burmester devices, Master/Slave via DC IN/OUT
• Vibration-isolating feet with carbon fiber clips for ideal resonance decoupling
• Fully DC-coupled without distorting capacitors in the signal path for a precise bass reproduction
• Dual-mono design for maximum channel separation
• Latest, wear-free Burmester CMOS technology for switching of inputs
• Latest CPU technology (ensures capability for future upgrades of controlling unit)
• BURLINK for external control via RS-232 and USB as standard
• Remote control available as optional accessory
• 5 x balanced (unbalanced via adapter)
• 1 x Surround Thruput
• 1 x Moduleo LINE (unbalanced) (standard)
• Phono MM2 (optional)
• Phono MC3 (optional)
• DAC Module (RCA + USB) (optional)
• 1 x balanced (MAIN OUT)
• 1 x balanced (TAPE)
• 1 x headphone jack
• Remote IN/OUT for remote controlling of other BURMESTER devices
• BurLink for external controlling via RS-323 and USB
• Width/ Height / Depth 482 mm/ 95 mm/ 345mm 19”/ 3.74”/ 13.58” (without plugs)
• Weight: appr. 9.5kg (appr. 21 lbs)
Availability: This product is available for purchase in-store only. Contact us for more information.
Sign up for our newsletter
Sign up for our mailing list to receive new product alerts, event invites, and special trade-in offers.