The PH9 phono preamplifier is a great pairing with most cartridge and turntable combinations.
A trio of 6H30 vacuum tubes are at the core of a simple and clear signal path to provide the most transparent preamplification possible.
The PH9 phono preamplifier is suitable for use with most cartridge and turntable combinations. A trio of 6H30 vacuum tubes are at the core of a simple and clear signal path to provide the most transparent preamplification possible.
Five different impedance settings allow for cartridge loading, which can be changed on the fly with the included metal remote. Cartridge impedance, tube hours, auto shutdown, and other features are included in the menu system.
Audio Research is pleased to introduce the Foundation Series. From the same engineering and design team responsible for the award-winning Reference Series, the Foundation family of vacuum tube components has been created to provide incredible musical experiences. Spatial definition, dynamics and detail abound while providing the most natural musical experience.
Since 1970, High Definition has been more than ARC’s trademark; it has been their guiding principle for all products. The Foundation Series continues this passion and philosophy, offering the listener stunning playback, great value, and unparalleled long-term support.
All products at Audio Research follow the exact same path from concept to production, regardless of the series or model. The Foundation Series shares the same lineage, build quality, and many design characteristics found in the more costly Reference Series. The result is a consistency in the Audio Research sound, and the ability to create a range of components which offer exceptional performance and value.
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: ±.2 dB of RIAA, 5 Hz to 20kHz; 1 dB points below 0.3Hz and above 80 kHz.
- DISTORTION: Less than .015% at 3V RMS 1kHz output.
- GAIN: 55 dB at 1 kHz
- INPUT IMPEDANCE: Selectable loads: 47k, 1000, 500, 200, 100 Ohms.
- OUTPUT IMPEDANCE: 200 ohms. Recommended load 50k-100k Ohms and 100 pF. (10k Ohms minimum and 2000 pF maximum).
- OUTPUT POLARITY: Non-inverting.
- MAXIMUM INPUT: 80 mV RMS at 1kHz.
- RATED OUTPUTS: 0.5V RMS 10 Hz to 60 kHz, into 100K ohm load (maximum balanced output capability is 0.46V RMS at less than 0.5% THD at 1kHz).
- CONTROLS: 6 Push Buttons: Power, Menu, Option, Enter, Input, Mute.
- POWER SUPPLIES: Electronically regulated low and high voltage supplies. Automatic 2 minute warm-up/brown-out mute. Line regulation better than .01%.
- NOISE: 77 dB, shorted inputs.
- TUBE COMPLEMENT: (3)-6H30P dual triodes, plus (1 each) 6550WE and 6H30P in power supply.
- POWER REQUIREMENTS: 100-125VAC 60Hz (200-250VAC 50/60Hz) 120 watts maximum. Standby: 2 watts.
- DIMENSIONS (WHD): 19” x 6.5” x 13.7” Handles extend 1.6” (4 cm) forward of the front panel.
- Weight: 15.4 lbs. (7 kg) Net; 23.5 lbs. (10.7 kg) Shipping.