During the development of the power amplifier AM400 Signature, the attention to detail led ATOLL to take into account all the parameters, to compare and listen to each component.
The power stages have 8 MOS-FET transistors per channel which provide considerable energy, perfectly controlled thanks to carefully designed audio stages. The connecting cables between the motherboard and the loudspeaker outputs are made of pure copper, deoxygenated, silver plated with Teflon insulation. One of the best French manufacturers of audio cables makes these cables on demand. Similarly, filter capacitors, with low series resistance, are made to specifications by a leading specialist.
- 10 mm brushed aluminium front.
- 2 mm steel frame.
- Linear power supplies based on toroidal transformers.
- Symmetrical stages with discrete components.
- XLR balanced inputs.
- RCA inputs (selectable on the rear panel).
- Mono block bridgeable amplifier (switch facing the rear).
- Integral dual mono structure.
The gold-plated loudspeaker output plugs have been selected for their ability to transmit without alteration all the energy and the micro-details of the electrical signal. The polypropylene film structure link capacitors have been selected for listening in the high-end series of the largest manufacturers. In bridged mono mode, the energy gain is colossal: this operation is suitable for all systems where high power is required. The differential structure diagram makes it possible to carry out this transformation without altering the nuances of the musicality, the gain in “sound material” makes listening even more realistic.
- Power Wrms/8 Ω: 160 W
- Power Wrms/4 Ω: 300 W
- Power in bridged mono/8 Ω mode: 600 W
- Power supply: 1050 VA
- Total of capacitors: 111 300 μF
- Input impedance: 220 kΩ
- Sensitivity: 1,7 V
- Signal/Noise ratio: 100 dB
- Distortion at 1 kHz: 0,005%
- Bandwidth: 5 Hz – 200 kHz
- Rising time: 1,5 μs
- Dimensions (mm): 440×370×130
- Weight: 19 Kg