Introducing the McIntosh MC611
McIntosh is pleased to introduce the MC611 Quad Balanced Power Amplifier, which replaces the MC601.
Not just a simple refresh of the MC601, the MC611 features notable improvements. Chief among them is that filter capacity has been doubled, which has resulted in a dramatic 55% increase in dynamic headroom from 1.8dB to 2.8dB. This two-fold increase in filter capacity also helps improve the performance of low end bass frequencies.
Both a balanced and unbalanced output are included to facilitate speaker bi-amping or tri-amping; they can also be used to send the audio signal to a secondary system if the preamplifier does not have enough outputs, or to connect a powered subwoofer. Like the MC601, it outputs 600 Watts into a single channel.
Other updates and enhancements in the MC611 compared to MC601:
- Filter capacity has been doubled, resulting in a dramatic 55% increase in dynamic headroom from 1.8dB to 2.8dB. This two-fold increase in filter capacity also helps improve the performance of low-end bass frequencies.
- The top of the amp showcases new glass topped transformer enclosures first introduced on MC1.25KW
- Standard heatsinks have been replaced by McIntosh Monogrammed Heatsinks™
- Heavier gauge internal wiring
- Upgraded circuit components
- Addition of McIntosh power management system
- New front panel direct LED backlighting for improved appearance and color accuracy
- Space has been added between each set of speaker binding posts to allow for easier speaker cable connectivity
- Autoformer™ that outputs the full 600 Watts into a 2, 4 or 8 Ohm speaker
- Power Guard®
- Sentry Monitor™
- Quad Balanced design
- Power Control