McIntosh MC1502 | A Classic, Supersized
The MC1502 shares the timeless styling of the classic MC275 Vacuum Tube Amplifier. Physically larger, and with twice the stereo power rating of the MC275 (150 watts vs. 75 watts), in many ways the MC1502 can be considered the MC275’s big brother.
The MC1502 uses McIntosh's Unity Coupled Circuit output transformer technology to deliver the full 150 watts to almost any pair of speakers regardless of impedance.
The (8) KT88, (4) 12AX7A, and (4) 12AT7 tubes are covered by a 12-gauge stainless steel wire cage with a black powder coated finish. The vacuum tubes sit atop the precision-formed stainless steel chassis polished to a mirror finish.
Sentry Monitor™ technology monitors the output current and shuts the amplifier off if it ever exceeds safe limits. The MC1502 also includes McIntosh'd Solid Cinch™ speaker binding posts and Power Control.
The C2700 or C22 Vacuum Tube Preamplifier, MT10 Precision Turntable, MCD600 SACD/CD Player, MS500 Music Streamer, MEN220 Room Correction System, MPC1500 Power Controller and XRT1.1K Loudspeakers are logical companions for the MC1502 Power Amplifier.
- Power Output: 150 Watts into 2, 4 or 8 Ohm speakers
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.5% maximum from 20Hz to 20kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 112dB
- Dynamic Headroom: 1.2dB
- Damping Factor: Greater than 18
- Frequency Response: +0, -0.25dB from 20Hz to 20kHz / +0, -3.0dB from 10Hz to 70kHz
- Inputs: 2 Balanced / 2 Unbalanced
- Overall Dimensions (W x H x D): 18-1/4” (46.4cm) x 10-1/4” (26cm) x 21” (53.3cm)
- Weight: 118 lbs (53.5kg) net, 135 lbs (61.2kg) in shipping carton