Sonus faber expands Lumina Speaker Collection: Meet Lumina II & V Amator
Sonus faber is proud to announce the launch of new additions to its existing Lumina collection. The Lumina II Amator and Lumina V Amator models feature technical improvements, as well as new finishes, all while staying true to the Sonus faber minimalist aesthetic. Product details can be found below.
Sonus faber’s Lumina collection was first introduced in September 2020, during a difficult and unprecedented year. Despite the challenge, the collection introduced newness to the typical brand product design portfolio, while still embodying its storied history, spirit and brand values. The premiere Lumina models included the bookshelf two-way Lumina I, the floor standing three-way Lumina III, and the center channel two-way Lumina CI.
“Simplicity” remains top of mind with the continuation of the project, marked by the announcement of two new models in 2021: the Lumina II, a two-way shelf loudspeaker system and the Lumina V, the collection flagship three-way floor standing loudspeaker system. The collection expansion aims to reach an even wider audience by offering higher power, especially in relation to larger environments, and with special attention to price point.
The latest additions to the collection, Lumina II Amator and Lumina V Amator take a step forward in style and performance, elevating the listening experience.
“Amator” is an evocative name, which has characterized all the special models by Sonus faber and has become synonymous with uniqueness. Any market enthusiast knows, based on the model names, to expect an exciting and engaging listening experience.
Featuring a ‘Made in Italy’ bookshelf and a floor standing speaker, the simple, square design was an intentional choice, meant to emphasize the quality of materials used. The new Lumina Amator models further boast the core values of Sonus faber and the use of its iconic, natural materials, including new wood front panels with a glossy finish enriched by a 45° angle wood veneer.
Lumina II and V Amator are available in three finishes, including:
- Glossy Red
- Glossy Wenge
- Glossy Walnut
The Lumina electro-acoustic project is designed for modern lifestyles and various listening environments, without compromising performance. Multichannel systems and multimedia solutions are perfect for Lumina, offering excellent room coverage for audiences to enjoy captivating and authentic experiences from every seat in the room.
Key existing Lumina collection features include:
- The iconic D.A.D. (Damped Apex Dome) tweeter, the same used in the Sonetto series, featuring a Kurtmueller hand coated soft silk diaphragm of 29mm.
- Developed specifically for this collection, a 4’’ midwoofer equipped with the custom-made basket and the diaphragm featuring cellulose pulp blended with other natural fibers.
- 5” midranges based on Sonetto designs, featuring Sonus faber’s proprietary natural fiber and paper blend air-dried diaphragm.
- 5’’ woofers, designed from the scratch for this collection and featuring a paper pulp cone, creating perfect sonic coherence with the rest for the drivers.
Due to updated technology, Lumina speakers are incredibly adaptable and sound excellent wherever they are placed—even close to a back wall or on a bookshelf. The beauty of the new Lumina collection is that the models can be placed virtually anywhere and will still deliver a breathtaking performance. Lumina Amator models significantly enhance the performance and sensibility of the speaker, thanks to key improvements in the components of the crossover networks.
New technical improvements include:
- Lumina II Amator’s frequency of the crossover network of is now up to 2600 Hz, with a +800 Hz difference compared to Lumina II
- Lumina V Amator’s frequency of the crossover of is now up to 2850 Hz, with a +250 Hz difference compared to Lumina V
The new Lumina V Amator and Lumina II Amator crossovers were designed thanks to the legacy left by the development of the new Homage collection. Many of the solutions adopted by the new special models are derived from those of the Amati G5 and Guarneri G5, such as the IFF circuitry and the phase coherent philosophy, which ensures perfect rendering of the virtual soundstage in 3 dimensions. The new filters also offer greater resolution and more rigorous and coherent reproduction.
Lumina II Amator:
- 2-way shelf loudspeaker system; vented box design
- Tw: Ø 29mm DAD driver
- Mw: Ø 150mm paper cone driver
Crossover: Optimized amplitude/phase response for optimal space/time performance.
- Crossover Frequency: 2600 Hz
- Frequency Response: 55 Hz -24.000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 86dB SPL (2.83V/1m)
- Nominal Impedance: 4 ohm
- Suggested Amplifier Power Output: 30W – 150W, undistorted signal
- Dimensions (HXWXD): 304 x 180 x 263mm // 12 x 7.1 x 10.3 in
- Weight: 5.8 Kg // 12.8 lb
Lumina V Amator:
- System: 3-way floorstanding loudspeaker system; vented box design
- Tw: Ø 29mm DAD driver
- Md: Ø 150mm paper cone driver
- W: Ø 2x165mm cone drivers (sandwich diaphragm structure)
Crossover: Optimized amplitude/phase response for optimal space/time performance “Hybrid IFF Paracross solution”
- Crossover Frequencies: 260 and 2850 Hz
- Frequency Response: 38 Hz – 24.000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 89 dB SPL (2.83V/1m)
- Nominal Impedance: 4 ohm
- Suggested Amplifier Power Output: 50W – 300W, undistorted signal
- Dimensions (HXWXD): 1049 x 280 x 372.6 mm // 4.13 x 11 x 14.7 in
- Weight: 22.5 Kg // 49.6 lb
- Lumina Amator II: $1,499 (pair)
- Lumina Amator V: $3,499 (pair)
- Lumina II Amator and Lumina V Amator will be available in Europe in December 2023.
- Lumina II Amator and Lumina V Amator will be available in remaining global markets in January 2024.
SONUS FABER LUMINA AMATOR:
PREORDERS AVAILABLE NOW AT PARAGON SIGHT & SOUND
Sonus faber Lumina II Amator Bookshelf Speakers
Sonus faber Lumina V Amator Floorstanding Speakers