Introducing McIntosh MCD600
The MCD600 is the newest addition to McIntosh's line of performance SACD/CD players, replacing the MCD550 to become their premium player. At the heart of the MCD600 is a newly designed digital circuit highlighted by a new premium 8-channel, 32-bit PCM/DSD DAC used in Quad Balanced mode. All PCM signals are upsampled up to 32-bit/384kHz. It features advanced disc playback and file support not found in the previous MCD550 model.
Besides commercial SACDs and CDs, the MCD600 can also play music from user generated CD or DVD Data Discs as well as USB flash drives. Flash drives can easily be connected via the convenient front panel USB input.
For those times when you’re looking for a personal listening experience, the High Drive headphone amplifier section features increased gain and output power and is optimized for virtually all headphone types.
New features in the MCD600:
- New premium DAC
- Can play user generated CD or DVD Data Discs and USB flash drives
- Popular file formats such as AAC, AIFF, ALAC, DSD (up to DSD128), FLAC, MP3, WAV (up to 24-bit/192kHz) and WMA can be played from these media
- USB input, located on the front panel for easy access, is now Type A instead of Type B (as a result, MCD600 cannot play music streamed from a computer)
- New top panel screen printed glass panel listing performance specs and block diagram
- New front panel direct LED backlighting
- Includes both fixed & variable balanced & unbalanced outputs
- The variable outputs combined with volume control allow it to be connected directly to an amplifier without needing a preamplifier
- Coax & optical digital outputs to send the digital audio signal to an external processor
- Coax & optical digital input for connecting other digital sources
- ¼” High Drive headphone amplifier
- Twin laser optical pickup
- Advanced digital servo
- Audio data is read at twice the normal rate insuring better disc tracking and error correction processing
- Power Control and data ports allow for seamless Integration with other McIntosh system components