Audio Research CD6SE / REF CD9SE
Audio Research is pleased to announce an SE update to the CD6 and Reference CD9 Transport/DAC.
The new CD6SE and Reference CD9SE feature beautiful faceplate updates that closely match ARC’s Foundation and Reference-series components. The redesigned faceplates, with matching buttons, illumination, and black plexiglass display allow an integrated and uniform look across the latest model platforms.
Both SE units boast the latest V3.0 USB audio card, providing compatibility with macOS, Windows 10, and any Linux-based system that supports ALSA devices. This feature allows full streaming capability from products like Aurender, or Roon’s Nucleus. This USB audio card offers a state-of-the-art FPGA design that re-clocks data and formats appropriately; firmware updates are not required.
Digital inputs on the original CD6 included two TOSlink inputs, in addition to RCA and USB. The CD6SE will have one TOSlink input and one AES/EBU input, in addition to RCA and USB. Digital inputs on the REF CD9SE will remain unchanged, with the same inputs as the CD6SE.
The CD6SE and REFCD9SE capabilities include:
• PCM Sample rates up to 192kHz
• 16, 24 and 32Bit depths supported
• MacOS sample rates to 192kHz
• SPDIF (RCA), TOSlink, AES/EBU (XLR) and USB 2.0 digital audio inputs
• AES/EBU (XLR) and SPDIF (BNC) digital audio outputs
• MacOS, Windows, Linux compatibility for USB 2.0 digital audio input