Coming Soon - Parasound Halo JC5
A Chip Off the Old Monoblock!
Parasound is proud to introduce the all-new Halo JC5, a 400 watts-per-channel stereo amplifier that distills the essence of two Halo JC1 monoblocks into a single-chassis stereo amplifier with outstanding sound quality, power, and value. Providing maximum bang for your buck, the JC5 combines high power and ultra-high bias Class A/AB operation at roughly two-thirds the price of a pair of JC1s. Additionally, the JC5 is approximately the same size as just one JC1 monoblock.
The Parasound Halo JC1 monoblock was designed by John Curl and introduced 16 years ago to instant international acclaim. It is acknowledged as the benchmark for amplifier performance and value. In 2003, Stereophile awarded it "Amplifier of the Year" and has honored it as a "Class A Recommended Component" twice a year for fifteen years.
"The JC5 is a remarkable amplifier that creates a new sweet spot in our Halo product family," says Richard Schram, the president and founder of Parasound. He continues, "Our customers often tell us they love everything the JC1 offers, while wondering if we could deliver comparable performance in a no-compromise stereo power amplifier, and save them money and space. We challenged John Curl to distill the essence of two JC1 mono blocks into a single chassis, and the result has far exceeded everyone's expectations."
- 180 watts RMS x 5 @ 8 Ω; 255 watts RMS x 5 @ 4 Ω
- 225 watts RMS x 2 @ 8 Ω; 350 watts RMS x 2 @ 4 Ω
- Class A/AB circuitry designed by legendary John Curl
- Direct coupled - no capacitors or inductors in audio path ensures the cleanest signal
- Balanced XLR inputs with discrete circuits
- Full power is rated all the way down to 5Hz for unrestricted low-end bass
- Custom 1.5 kVA encapsulated toroid power transformer with independent secondary windings for each channel
- Hand-matched JFETs for input stage
- Hand-matched MOSFETs for driver stage
- Beta-matched 15 amp, 60 MHz bipolar output transistors (3 pairs per channel)
- 100,000 µF power supply filter capacitance
- DC Servo and relay protection circuits
- Auto turn on by audio signal or 12V trigger
- Heavy-duty 24k gold-plated, 5-way speaker terminals
- 3U chassis with updated cosmetics, rack mountable with HRA3 (sold separately)