We're sorry! This product is now sold. If you're looking for a specific pre-owned component, contact us HERE and we'll let you know if another becomes available!
Phantom II preamplifier employs balanced Krell Current Mode gain stages from input to output, and Current Audio Signal Transmission (CAST) receivers and transmitters. Utilizing these powerful technologies, the Phantom II conveys the complete range of timbre and dynamics that comprise the foundation musical performance. Typical of Krell’s latest preamplifier designs, the Phantom II preamplifier includes a thoughtful suite of menu options, and can be customized for the greatest ease of operation.
Incredible condition pre-owned Krell Phantom II Preamplifier.
Preamp comes with original box, packaging, remote, and printed manual.
Unit is rated 8/10 for minor cosmetic wear consistent with age and use.
- Inputs: 2 pr. CAST via 4-pin bayonet connectors, 2 pr. balanced via XLR connectors, 3 pr. single-ended via RCA connectors
- Tape input: 1 pr. single-ended via RCA connector
- Main outputs: 2 pr. CAST via 4-pin bayonet connectors, 1 pr. balanced via XLR connector, 1 pr. single-ended via RCA connector
- Tape outputs: 1 pr. single-ended via RCA connector, buffered
- Control inputs: 1 RS-232 input via a 9-pin D-subminiature connector, 1 remote IR detector input via a 3-conductor 3.5 mm connector, 1 12 VDC trigger input via 3.5 mm connector, 1 preamplifier link via an RJ-45 connector
- Control outputs: 2 individually programmable 12 VDC, trigger outputs via 3.5 mm connectors, 1 preamplifier link via an RJ-45 connector
- Power output: 1 phono power output (+/-20 VDC) for KPE, via a 9-pin D-subminiature connector
- Input impedance: CAST: 45 Ohms, Balanced: 95 k Ohms, Single-ended: 47.5 k Ohms
- Output impedance: CAST: >1 M Ohms, Balanced: 50 Ohms, Single-ended: 25 Ohms
- Gain: 12 dB (CAST or balanced output), 6 dB (single-ended output)
- Volume control: Balanced, current-mode, 16-bit, discrete R-2R ladder
- Input overload: CAST: 14 mA RMS, Balanced: 14 V RMS, Single-ended: 7 V RMS
- Output overload: CAST: 16 mA RMS, Balanced: 16 V RMS, Single-ended: 8 V RMS
- Frequency response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz +/- 0.02 dB, 0.1 Hz to 1.5 MHz +0, -3 dB
- Total harmonic distortion plus noise: Balanced Output:<0.004%, 20 Hz to 20 kHz, 4 V RMS or 4 mA RMS
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 4 V RMS balanced or 4 mA RMS CAST output, Wideband, unweighted: >100 dB, "A" weighted: >109 dB
- Power consumption: Standby: 45 W, Power on: 70 W, Power on, with KPE: 80 W
- Dimensions: 17.3 in.W x 3.8 in. H x 18.3 in. D, 43.8 cm W x 9.7 cm H x 46.4 cm D
- Weight: 32 lbs., 14.5 kg
Please call 734.662.3595 and ask for Richard if you have any questions about this product.
We make every effort to update our ads quickly when inventory fluctuates, but we encourage you to call and check product availability, as we are also a brick and mortar store.