We're sorry! This product is now sold. If you're looking for a specific pre-owned component, contact us HERE and we'll let you know if another becomes available!
Unconstrained dynamically, the LA-450ME allows music to emerge with uncommon grace, speed, control and finesse.
This preamp is designed to function in large scale systems and couple with even the most demanding amplifiers and loudspeaker to yield truly "great" realization of any musical program.
Very hard-to-find, rare Joule Electra LA-450 Marianne Electra Memorial Preamplifier with Platinum upgrade.
Preamp comes with with manual, remote, and power cord. Preamp does not come in original box, but will be professionally packed for shipping.
Preamp is rated 7/10 for cosmetic wear consistent with age and use. These are superficial - unit is in good working condition.
The Platinum upgrade consist of the upgrade to the power supplies as well as to the signal path circuitry. One part, mainly, is the installation of Bybees Music Rails to the high voltage power supplies of the preamplifier. A Bybee Music Rail is a highly efficient polishing filter that reduces power supply noise throughout the audible spectrum and up to about 100 KHz by the extraordinary 45 dB.
The second part of this upgrade consist of the installation of new VH Audio Copper Teflon capacitors (CuTF). Specifically the treble is substantially extended and much more silkier and bass even deeper and tighter. The images became more three-dimensional and soundstage enlarged.
Together, entire upgrade will make reproduced music much more realistlc, much closer to the true acoustic music and consequentially much deeper emotional involvement with music which we believe is the ultimate goal of every listener.
- All tube design including separate tube regulated B+ supplies for each channel - dual mono construction
- Separate regulated DC filament supplies
- Highest quality capacitors in power supplies
- Tape loop does not require buffer stage for isolation
- Separated mute relays for each channel; auto and manual mute
- Separate passive volume and balance system with 'shunt to ground' input (not in signal path)
- Rear mounted selector switch for short signal path and multiple contacts in signal path
- Adjustable battery bias for gain stage
- "Tri-flex" elastomer suspension for signal board
- State-of-the-art "Sound Coat" and "Ear Isodamp Vibration" isolation materials
- Input Impedance 36 kOhms
- Output Impedance Selectable: 200 Ohms & 600 Ohms
- Distortion 91dB
- 10 Hz - 100 kHz (+/- 0.5 dB)
Please call 734.662.3595 and ask for Richard if you have any questions about this product.
We make every effort to update our ads quickly when inventory fluctuates, but we encourage you to call and check product availability, as we are also a brick and mortar store.