Innuos Pulsar Network Player
PULSAR is made with a full bead-blasted and anodized high-grade aluminum chassis in your choice of Silver or Black, that is both elegant and classic - yet the best is still reserved for what’s inside.
BENEATH THE SHELL
Beneath its sleek exterior, the PULSAR is packing a custom ARC6 module with active rectification, over 130000 µF of Mundorf capacitors followed by a large inductor and a massive 300VA audio-grade toroidal transformer with an epoxy-filled center for dampening vibration, and magnetic screening with coated SYN-SHIELD copper tape between windings and wrapped in black Mylar Tape.
PULSAR features an optimized USB output to take sound quality to the PULSE line’s highest level by incorporating a PhoenixUSB Lite Reclocker. The reclocker is powered by a custom CX Regulator Module.
The SSD hosting the innuOS Operating System in PULSAR is also upgraded to a SLC (Single-Level Cell) module, as opposed to the more common TLC (Triple-Level Cell) for the best durability and lower operating power noise.
Just as with the PULSE, asymmetrical feet are installed on PULSAR to support the player while also being strategically placed to help dampen vibration from the sound system during playback. It's the little details like this, combined with larger ones like the power supply and integrated PhoenixUSB Lite reclocker that make for unforgettable playback.
PULSAR comes in your choice of Silver or Black, but the finish of the chassis and fascia in either color is breathtakingly beautiful yet understated.
- Custom ARC6 module with Active Rectification, over 130000 µF of Mundorf Capacitors
- Integrated PhoenixUSB Lite Reclocker for a smooth yet fast and detailed sound
- 300VA audio-grade toroidal transformer
- Single-level Cell SSD with Custom CX Regulator Module
- Three independent power rails, one each for the Main Board, SSD and Reclocker
Controlled via Innuos Sense App
Managing your music should never get in the way of listening to your music - it should complement the experience. The Innuos Sense app is a powerful music management tool that works the way you do – it is made to help you manage, organize and play your music and navigate streaming services with ease. Sense is available as a free download, and tightly integrates with high-end online music services and our innuOS Operating System to deliver optimal music playback with the following features:
- Qobuz and TIDAL integration including Artist Bios, Related Artists, Top Tracks and more.
- Management of Qobuz and TIDAL albums together with albums stored on a Network Attached Storage (NAS) for a unified Music Library
- Internet Radio with easy preset creation
- Radio Paradise, a popular music stream
- Fast, Integrated searches through internet radio, streaming services and music on a NAS
- Easy creation of playlists from multiple streaming services and music on a NAS
- Curated and configurable Smart Mixes based on your music
- Home Screen widgets allow you to customize and access your favorite features at the touch of a button
- Seamless and automatic ripping of CDs on Innuos music servers.
Integrated USB Reclocker
The USB reclocker on PULSAR is a lite version of our legendary PhoenixUSB reclocker. PULSAR’s reclocker uses a single rail of LPSU to power both clock and USB chip instead of a separate rail for each that the PhoenixUSB uses, yet greatly improves timing consistency and what you hear.
The PULSAR reclocker is also modular so in the future there may be upgrades or different options made available.
With its compact footprint, low-power efficiency, quiet operation and range of connectivity, the PULSAR is a convenient and discreet music streamer for all your music from an Innuos music server, HiFi streaming services and internet radio.
Connectivity Made Easy
PULSAR outputs PCM up to 32bit/768kHz as well as up to DSD512 via USB to compatible DACs.
The Sum of its Parts
PULSAR infuses musicality and ease-of-use in a player that not only streams your music, it reveals it.
The combination of high-quality components and custom engineering, with the innuOS Operating System and Sense app to drive it all makes for remarkable-sounding music streaming that simply can’t be unheard.
PULSAR leverages more than a decade of engineering, advancements in software and premium-quality component selection to achieve its detailed sound.
- Digital Output: USB DAC output with PhoenixUSB Lite Reclocker (Up to 32bit/768KHz, Up to DSD256 via DoP, Up to DSD512 via Native DSD). Other Modules to be made available in the future.
- Ethernet: 2 x rear panel RJ45 – Bridged Gigabit Ethernet
- USB: 4x USB 3.0
- Audio Formats Supported for streaming and playing: WAV, AIFF, FLAC, ALAC, AAC, MP3, MQA
- Endpoint Mode Connects to Innuos Music Servers, Logitech Media Server based Servers or HQPlayer Server
- Web Interface: Modern Web Browsers from iOS, Android, Windows and Mac OS
- Mobile: Innuos Sense App (iOS/Android/Kindle Fire)
- CPU: Intel Quad Core N4200
- Memory: 8GB DDR3 Low-Voltage RAM (4GB Dedicated for RAM Playback)
- UPnP/DLNA: Controls selected UPnP streamers as endpoints via Sense
- Streaming Services: Internet Radio, Qobuz, Radio Paradise, Tidal
- USB DAC Support: USB DACs complying to USB Audio Class 2
- USB DACs supporting DSD over DoP protocol
- Selected USB DACs supporting Native DSD
- Required Network: Internet connection to access Internet Radio, Streaming Services and software updates, Network router with at least one available ethernet port, Premium subscription required for some streaming services such as Spotify, Qobuz and TIDAL
- Mains Power Supply: 230V AC / 115V AC – Internal Linear Power Supply
- Power Consumption (Idle): 7W
- Power Consumption (Peak) Standalone mode: 13.7W
- Dimensions: 420mm x 290mm x 76mm (W x D x H)
- Weight: 10,17 kg (11,5 kg boxed)
- In the box: Innuos PULSAR Network Player, Mains Cable, 2m Ethernet Cable, Quick Start Guide