Our goal with this new website is to provide our visitors an easier way to learn about Paragon's services, and to allow you to shop and browse information easier. We hope you like our new and improved website! We welcome feedback.
Vivaldi Transport is designed to extract revelatory levels of detail from both CD and SACD and is the ultimate machine for silver disc replay. All signal processing in Vivaldi Transport is proprietary to dCS.
Vivaldi Transport uses the TEAC Esoteric VRDS Neo mechanism which employs super-rigid construction and a brushless motor with heavy flywheel for stable disc rotation.
To enhance the purity of the power supply and isolate the mechanism from the electronics, Vivaldi Transport features a completely new chassis design that has separate power circuits for the digital processing and CD/SACD mechanism sections. This gives near-silent operation.
Vivaldi Transport features a Dual AES output that supports encrypted DSD (1-bit data at 2.822MS/s) to a dCS DAC from CD or SACD. Vivaldi Transport also offers the option of upsampling CD data to DXD (24-bit data at 352.8kS/s) and transmitting this data over the same Dual AES interface.
SACDs are played in their native DSD format, again using the Dual AES interface. Native CD data is available from 4 PCM outputs (1x AES/EBU and 2x S/PDIF, 1x SDIF-2), as is downsampled SACD data.
Vivaldi Transport can be used with the matching Vivaldi DAC or with any suitable industry-standard DAC. The unit may be run either in Master mode or with the DAC as the system clock. Performance will be enhanced further by adding Vivaldi Clock to the system.
The dCS ‘soft’ approach to programmable logic makes it extremely easy for users to update Vivaldi Transport software, whether adding new features, installing performance upgrades or adapting to changes in digital formats.
Used as part of a complete Vivaldi digital audio playback system, Vivaldi Transport gives a performance of effortless realism each and every time.
Utilises the latest generation dCS Digital Processing Platform for state-of-the-art measured performance and unrivalled fidelity.
Designed for maximum flexibility, both input and output configuration can be optimised for systems with various digital sources.
New auto clocking mode used in the Vivaldi range improves ease-of-use and jitter performance when used with various digital sources.
Improved power supplies give lower running temperature and superior tolerance to AC supply variations.
Multi-stage regulation ensures sensitive analogue circuitry is unaffected by digital interference.
Aerospace-grade machined aluminium chassis fitted with tuned acoustic damping panels reduces magnetic effects and vibration.
• Type: Upsampling CD/SACD Transport.
• Color: Silver or Black.
• Mechanism: Dual laser CD/SACD mechanism (TEAC VRDS NEO VMK3).
• Dimensions (WxDxH): 444mm/17.5” x 435mm/17.2” x 196mm/7.8”. Allow extra depth for cable connectors.
• Weight: 23.2kg/51.1lbs.
• Digital Outputs: 1x Dual AES interface on 2x 3-pin male XLR connectors, outputs DSD data, whether a CD or SACD is playing. A menu setting changes the format to DXD (24/352.8) when a CD is playing. 1x AES/EBU on 3-pin male XLR connector, outputs PCM at 16 bit/44.1kS/s, whether a CD or SACD is playing. 2x SPDIF on 1x RCA Phono and 1x BNC connectors. Each outputs PCM at 16 bit/44.1kS/s, whether a CD or SACD is playing. 1x SDIF-2 interface on 2x BNC connectors, outputs PCM at 16 bit/44.1kS/s, whether a CD or SACD is playing.
• Upsampling Rates: CD data may be upsampled to DSD or DXD (24/352.8).
• Word Clock I/O: Word Clock input on 1x BNC connector, accepts standard Word Clock at 44.1, 88.2 or 176.4kHz. Sensitive to TTL levels.Word Clock input on 1x BNC connector, accepts standard Word Clock at 44.1, 88.2 or 176.4kHz. Sensitive to TTL levels.Word Clock output on 1x BNC connector. With the transport in Master mode, a TTL-compatible 44.1kHz Word Clock derived from the internal crystal oscillator is available on this output.
• Clock Accuracy: Better than +/-10 ppm when shipped (not temperature compensated).
• Software Updates: Updates are loaded directly from CD-R via Vivaldi CD/SACD Transport.
• Local Control: dCS Premium Remote handset is supplied with Vivaldi DAC. RS232 (controlled by a third party device). dCS-programmed Nevo Q50 Remote handset is available for the Vivaldi range as an optional extra.
• Power Supply: Factory set for 100, 115, 220 or 230V AC, 49-62Hz.
• Power Consumption: 28 Watts typical/40 Watts maximum.
Availability: This product is available for purchase in-store only. Contact us for more information.
Sign up for our newsletter
Sign up for our mailing list to receive new product alerts, event invites, and special trade-in offers.