We're sorry! This product is now sold. If you're looking for a specific pre-owned component, contact us HERE and we'll let you know if another becomes available!
An amplifier is the workhorse of any system – it is responsible for receiving small signals from a preamplifier or source component, and developing them into larger currents to control a loudspeaker. To that end, the GS150 has been designed to seamlessly integrate into any system and steadfastly perform its task. Challenging source material and difficult speaker loads are met with control and finesse to present a musical landscape of breathtaking proportions.
Three meters across the front panel provide a window into the operation of the amplifier and give the amplifier a striking façade. The selection of premium parts internally is reflected in the beautiful metalwork of the chassis and exquisite finishes. The circuit features the new KT150 power output tubes for 150 watts of effortless power delivery. A reflection of the past yet clearly a guiding light into the future of music reproduction, the GS150 is poised to deliver years of musical enjoyment.
Fantastic condition trade-in Audio Research GS150 Tube Stereo Amplifier in Silver finish. Audio Research has recently discontinued the GS150.
Unit comes in original box with printed manual and power cord.
Unit is rated 8/10 for very minor cosmetic wear consistent with age and use.
- POWER OUTPUT: 155 watts per channel continuous from20Hz to 20kHz. 1kHz total harmonic distortion typically 0.6% at 155 watts, below 0.03% at 1 watt. Approximate actual power available at ‘clipping’ 160 watts (1kHz).
- POWER BANDWIDTH: (-3dB points) 5Hz to 80kHz
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: (-3dB points at 1 watt) 0.5Hz to 120 kHz
- INPUT SENSITIVITY: 2.0V RMS BAL for rated output. (24 dB Bal gain into 8 ohms.)
- INPUT IMPEDANCE: 300K ohms Balanced
- OUTPUT TAPS: 8 ohms, 4 ohms
- OUTPUT REGULATION: n/a
- OVERALL NEGATIVE FEEDBACK: 14dB
- DAMPING FACTOR: n/a
- DISTORTION: n/a
- SLEW RATE: 13 volts/microsecond
- RISE TIME: 2.0 microseconds
- HUM & NOISE: Less than 0.1mV RMS – 114dB below rated output (IHF weighted, input shorted)
- POWER SUPPLY ENERGY STORAGE: Approximately 1040 joules
- POWER REQUIREMENTS: 105-125VAC 60Hz (210-250VAC 50Hz) 730 watts at rated output, 900 watts maximum, 420 watts idle.
- TUBE COMPLEMENT: (4 matched pair) KT150 power output, (4) 6H30 driver
- OTHER: Output Polarity Non-inverting. Balanced input pin 2+ (IEC-268). Controls: Rotary selector for tube bias, Power on/off, fan speed, auto shut-off on/defeat, RS232, 12V trigger.
- DIMENSIONS: Width 19” (483 mm). Height 9 ⅞” (251 mm). Depth 22 ½” (572 mm).
- WEIGHT: 25 lbs. (11.3 kg)
Please call 734.662.3595 and ask for Richard if you have any questions about this product.
We make every effort to update our ads quickly when inventory fluctuates, but we encourage you to call and check product availability, as we are also a brick and mortar store.