We're sorry! This product is now sold. If you're looking for a specific pre-owned component, contact us HERE and we'll let you know if another becomes available!
The VT100 is a new all-tube, balanced stereo power amplifier that draws upon the advanced technology of the flagship Reference Series models. Rated at 100 watts continuous output per channel, the VT100 is a Class AB, differential circuit design using two matched pair of 6550 output tubes in each channel, along with four 6922 twin triodes per channel for input and driver stages. A fully regulated, 270-joule power supply is distributed between two separate, isolated output circuit boards for short signal paths and true "dual mono" operation back to the massive main power transformer. Constant-current sources in the input stage help maintain stable drive characteristics and differential balance under the dynamic conditions of music reproduction.
The advancements derived from the development of the remarkable VTM200 monoblocks have been so large that we feel compelled to integrate many of them into the VT100 through a MKIII update. This is a major step forward in sonics, reliability, and ease of use.
Externally, the only changes are to the back panel where ARC have added two welcome features. There is now a Balanced/Single-Ended switch, eliminating the need for shorting links in the XLR balanced connectors when using single-ended RCA cables. We have also incorporated a (dual in/out) 12V power on/off trigger for remote or custom installation purposes. (The soft-start surge-control feature of the VT100MKII power circuits is preserved.) Now you can link the VT100MKIII to the LS25MKII for remote operation!
Internally, the circuitry of the VT100MKIII is derived from the VTM200. Like its more powerful sibling, the MKIII's input stage utilizes direct-coupled JFETS for ultra low noise, and is followed by a 6H30 driver/gain stage, capacitor coupled to a 6H30 follower, driving two matched pairs of 6550C output tubes per channel. The conservative 6H30 driver-follower circuit will help prolong the life of the 6550Cs, and the 6H30 is rated to handle higher currents than the previously used 6922, so it has lots of safety margin for even better reliability. (The 6H30 twin triode is a Russian military tube in current production, with an estimated service life of up to 10,000 hours.) There are now four internal bias adjustments-up from the previous two- to allow more accurate DC balance adjustments for the output tubes. The line fuse has been increased to a 7 amp in 120V units (6.3 amp in high voltage units), allowing the MKIII to handle musical dynamics with greater ease.
Great condition pre-owned Audio Research VT100 MKIII Stereo Amplifier
Amp comes with power cord, and printed manual. Amp does not come with original box but will be professionally packed for shipping.
Amp is rated 8/10 for minor cosmetic wear consistent with age and use. Small scuff on lower back side. Please see images for details.
- Power output: 100 watts minimum continuous from 20Hz to 20kHz. 1kHz total harmonic distortion typically 1% at 100 watts, below .05% at 1 watt. Approximate actual power available at "clipping": 110 watts.
- Power bandwidth: (-3dB points) 15Hz to 80kHz.
- Frequency response: (-3dB points at 1 watt) 1Hz to 100 kHz
- Input sensitivity: 1.9V RMS (Bal or SE) for rated output. (23.5 dB gain into 8 ohms.).
- Input impedance: 200K ohms Balanced, 100K ohms Single-ended.
- Output taps: 8 ohms, 4 ohms
- Output regulation: Approximately 0.8dB 8 ohm load to open circuit
- Overall negative feedback: 10dB. VT100 MKIII: 15dB
- Damping factor: Approximately 11
- Distortion: 1kHz total harmonic distortion typically 1% at 100 watts, below .05% at 1 watt
- Slew rate: 15 Volts/µs.
- Rise time: 3 µs.
- Hum & noise: Less than 0.5mV RMS - 95dB below rated output (IHF weighted, input shorted).
- Power supply energy storage: VT100: 270 joules.
- Power requirements: 105-125VAC 60Hz (210-250VAC 50Hz) 585 watts at rated output, 750 watts maximum, 380 watts at "idle".
- Tube complement: VT100: (4 matched pairs) 6550 power output, (8) 6922. 6550C power output, (4) 6922 driver, (4) 6922 input. (4) 6H30 driver.
- Dimensions: 19" (48.3 cm) W x 8 ¾" (22.2 cm) H x 19½" (49.5 cm) D. Handles extend 1½" (3.8 cm) forward
- Weight: VT100: 80 lbs.
Please call 734.662.3595 and ask for Richard if you have any questions about this product.
We make every effort to update our ads quickly when inventory fluctuates, but we encourage you to call and check product availability, as we are also a brick and mortar store.