We're sorry! This product is now sold. If you're looking for a specific pre-owned component, contact us HERE and we'll let you know if another becomes available!
The SP20 is fully balanced, pure Class-A with zero feedback. There are seven levels of voltage regulation, a large power supply, and a very low-noise R-core power transformer. Both the line and phono stages feature low-noise JFET inputs and 6H30 (2 per section) outputs. The latest high performance coupling and bypass capacitors are used in both stages. Both the line stage and phono preamplifier offer extraordinary frequency response and low noise. The phono section provides 58dB of gain, so the SP20 can be used with a wide variety of phono cartridges, including moderately low output moving coils.
Great condition pre-owned Audio Research SP20 Preamplifier, Black finish, Silver remote.
Unit come in its original box and packaging with manual, power cord and remote.
The unit is rated a 8 out of 10 due to wear consistent with use.
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE
- Line: ± 0.3dB 2 Hz to 80 kHz; -3dB 0.8Hz to 220 kHz. Phono: ± 0.1dB of RIAA 10Hz to 20kHz; ± 0.4dB 5Hz to 80kHz. Headphone: ± 0.05dB 20Hz to 20kHz; -3dB 0.8Hz to 220kHz.
- DISTORTION (THD)
- Line: < .003% at 2V RMS, Bal output. Phono: < .005% at 3V RMS output, to Record output. Headphone: < .009% at 1V RMS output.
- NOISE & HUM
- Line: <-101dBV volume at max. Phono: < -77dBV to Record output. Headphone: < -88dBV volume at max.
- Line: 13.8dB, Processor: 0dB. Phono: 58dB @ 1KHz to Record output. Headphone: 11.3dB.
- INPUT IMPEDANCE
- 120k ohms Balanced, 60k ohms SE; Phono impedance programmable (100, 200, 500, 1000 or 47k ohms w/200pf unbalanced).
- OUTPUT IMPEDANCE
- 500 ohms Balanced, 250 ohms SE; 1000 ohms Record Out SE; <.05 ohms Headphone SE.
- OUTPUT POLARITY
- MAXIMUM INPUTS
- Line: 19V RMS Balanced, 9V RMS SE. Phono: 70mV RMS at 1kHz.
- RATED OUTPUTS
- Line: 2V RMS (1V RMS SE) into 200k ohms balanced load (maximum balanced output capability is 18V RMS at less than .5% THD+N at 1kHz.). Phono: 0.5V RMS into 100k load at Record output (maximum output capability is 25V RMS). Headphone: 6V RMS maximum into 30 to 300 ohm load.
- POWER SUPPLIES
- Electronically regulated low and high voltage supplies. Automatic 30 sec. warm-up/brown-out mute. Line regulation better than .01%.
- TUBE COMPLEMENT
- (4) 6H30
- POWER REQUIREMENTS
- 100-125VAC 60Hz (200-250VAC 50/60Hz) 77 watts maximum. Standby 2.7 watts.
- Channel Separation: Line: > 105dB Balanced output. Phono: > 76dB to Record output. Headphone: > 62dB. Signal to Noise Ratio: Line: > 125dB Balanced output. Phono: > 94dB to Record output. Headphone: > 110dB.
- Width 19” (48 cm) Height 5.25”(13.4 cm) (standard rack panel) Depth 16.5”(42 cm).
- 17.8 lbs. (7.4 kg) Net; 27.8 lbs. (10.5 kg) Shipping.
Please call 734.662.3595 and ask for Richard if you have any questions about this product.
We make every effort to update our ads quickly when inventory fluctuates, but we encourage you to call and check product availability, as we are also a brick and mortar store.