We're sorry! This product is now sold. If you're looking for a specific pre-owned component, contact us HERE and we'll let you know if another becomes available!
The Reference 750 is prepared to deliver 750 watts of power into speaker loads of 4, 8 and 16 ohms. This is achieved by the use of a massive, custom-built power transformer delivering current from sixteen KT120 vacuum tubes. Thanks to extensive testing and strict selection of tubes, the amplifier requires little maintenance and obviates the need for costly and sonically deleterious automatic bias systems.
Power supply regulation is also achieved by vacuum tube with a 6550WE and 6H30 driver. The bulk power supply energy storage has been increased to 1300 joules, a 30% increase over the preceding REF610T. Tube bias is controlled by two KT120 tubes, each driving a bank of eight tubes.
Fantastic condition pair of Audio Research Reference 750 Monoblock Amplifiers in Silver Finish.
Amps come in Audio Research boxes with printed manual and power cords.
Amps are rated 8/10 for minor cosmetic wear including a few small finish scuffs (see photos).
- Power output : 750 watts per channel continuous from 20Hz to 20kHz. 1kHz total harmonic distortion typically 0.5% at 750 watts, below .04% at 1 watt.
- Approximate actual power available at “clipping” 850 watts (1kHz). (Note that actual power output is dependent upon both line voltage and “condition” i.e.: if power line has high distortion, maximum power will be affected adversely, although from a listening standpoint this is not very critical.)
- Power bandwidth: (-3dB points) 15Hz to 150kHz.
- Frequency response: (-3dB points at 1 watt) 1 Hz to 200 kHz.
- Input sensitivity: 4.6V RMS Balanced for rated output. (24 dB gain into 8 ohms.)
- Input impedance: 200K ohms Balanced.
- Output taps: 4, 8, 16 ohms.
- Output regulation: Approximately 0.5dB 16 ohm load to open circuit.
- Overall negative feedback: 13dB
- Damping factor: Approximately 17
- Slew rate: 20 volts/microsecond
- Rise time: 1.5 microseconds
- Hum & noise: Less than 0.2mV RMS – 110dB below rated output (IHF-A weighted, input shorted, 16 ohm output).
- Power supply energy storage: Approximately 1300 joules.
- Power requirements: 105-130VAC 60Hz (260-750VAC 50Hz) 2100 watts at rated output, 2400 watts maximum, 800 watts at “idle”.
- Tube complement: (8) Matched pairs KT120 Power Output; (1) 6550WE Regulator; (1) 6H30 Regulator Amplifier; (1) matched pair KT120 Driver; (1) 6H30 follower.
- Dimensions: 13.5" (34.3 cm) W x 23" (58.4 cm) H x 20.8" (52.8 cm) D. Handles extend 1.5" (3.8 cm) forward and rearward.
- Weight: 170 lbs. (77.2 kg) Net; 395 lbs. (180 kg) per pair shipped weight.
Please call 734.662.3595 and ask for Richard if you have any questions about this product.
We make every effort to update our ads quickly when inventory fluctuates, but we encourage you to call and check product availability, as we are also a brick and mortar store.