We're sorry! This product is now sold. If you're looking for a specific pre-owned component, contact us HERE and we'll let you know if another becomes available!
In every sonically significant category – bandwidth, harmonic purity, ease of delivery, musical dynamics (both large and small), bass depth, impact and control, soundstage size and image specificity, delineation of the recording venue – the Audio Research REF40 renders music with a realness and vividness that is simply uncanny. The REF40 Anniversary was limited to a one-year run.
Superb condition trade-in Audio Research REF40 Anniversary Edition tube stereo line stage preamplifier with external PSU in silver finish. Unit comes complete with box, printed manual, remote control, umbilicals, and power cord.
Unit is rated a conservative 8/10 for minor cosmetic wear consistent with age and use. There is some wear to the back of the remote control on the battery door.
- Frequency response: +0 -3dB 0.2Hz to 200kHz at rated output. (Balanced, 200k ohms load.)
- Distortion (THD): Less than .0006% at 2V RMS Balanced output.
- Noise & hum: 1.7µV RMS residual IHF weighted balanced equivalent input noise with volume at 1 (109dB below 2V RMS output.)
- Gain: Main output (SE or BAL input): 12dB Balanced output
- Input impedance: 120K ohms Balanced, 600K ohms SE, Inputs (7): CD, TUNER, VIDEO, PHONO, AUX 1, AUX2, PROCESSOR, (XLR and RCA connectors.)
- Output impedance: 600 ohms Balanced, 300 ohms SE main (2), 20k ohms minimum load and 2000pF maximum capacitance. Outputs (3): 2 main, 1 tape (XLR and RCA connectors).
- Output polarity: Non inverting.
- Maximum inputs: 20V RMS maximum Balanced, (10V RMS SE).
- Rated outputs: 2V RMS (1V RMS SE) into 200K ohm balanced load (maximum balanced output capability is 30V RMS at less than 0.5% THD at 1kHz).
- Power supplies: Electronically regulated low and high voltage supplies. Automatic 40 sec. warm-up/brown-out mute. Line regulation better than .01%.
- Tube complement: (8) 6H30P dual triodes, plus (2 each) 6550C and 6H30P in power supply.
- Power requirements: 100-135VAC 60Hz (200-270VAC 50/60Hz) 220 watts. Standby: 0.8 watts.
- Other: Crosstalk: -80dB or better at 1kHz
- Controls: Volume (104 steps), Select Input. Push Buttons: Power, Proc, Bal/SE, Mono, Invert, Mute.
- Dimensions: 19” (48 cm) W x 7” (17.8 cm) H (standard panel) x 15.5” (39.4 cm) D. Handles extend 1.5” (3.8 cm) forward of the front panels.
- Weight: Audio Chassis: 28.9 lbs. (13.25 kg) Net; 36.3 lbs. (16.65 kg) Shipping.
- Power Supply Chassis: 39 lbs. (17.88 kg) Net; 47 lbs. (21.56 kg) Shipping.
Please call 734.662.3595 and ask for Richard if you have any questions about this product.
We make every effort to update our ads quickly when inventory fluctuates, but we encourage you to call and check product availability, as we are also a brick and mortar store.