We're sorry! This product is now sold. If you're looking for a specific pre-owned component, contact us HERE and we'll let you know if another becomes available!
The PH3 is a phono preamplification stage intended for use with an active line-level stereo preamplifier. Fully single-ended from input to output, the PH3 uses a combination of J-FET input stage technology (for low inherent circuit noise) and class A operation vacuum-tube gain via three 6922 twin triodes. Total gain of the PH3 is 54 dB (non-adjustable). Used with typical line preamplifiers having 12 to 18 dB of gain, the PH3 is suitable for phono cartridges having .25 mV output or higher. Input impedance is factory-set at 47K ohms, and input capacitance at 90 pF. For optimal matching to moving-coil and moving-magnet phono cartridges, both input impedance and input capacitance may be adjusted via simple resistor and capacitor changes.
Good condition pre-owned Audio Research PH3 SE in Black finish.
Unit comes with original box, packaging, power cord, and manual.
Rated 7/10 for minor cosmetic wear consistent with age and use.
- Frequency response: ±.15dB of RIAA, 10Hz to 60kHz. 3dB points below 0.5Hz and above 400kHz
- Distortion (THD): Less than .005% at .50V RMS 1kHz output
- Noise & hum: 0.1µV equivalent input noise, IHF weighted, shorted input (80 dB below 1mV 1kHz input)
- Gain: 54dB at 1kHz (MC & MM compatible)
- Input impedance: 47K ohms and 90pF Unbalanced. (Provisions for any value below 47K ohms or added input capacitance for matching certain magnetic cartridges.)
- Output impedance: 200 ohms Unbalanced. Recommended load 50K-100K ohms and 100pF. (10K ohms minimum and 2000pF maximum.)
- Output polarity: -
- Maximum inputs: 60mV RMS at 1kHz (240 mV RMS at 10kHz)
- Rated outputs: .50V RMS 10Hz to 60kHz, 100K ohm load (output capability is 30V RMS output at 1/2% THD at 1kHz).
- Power supplies: Electronically-regulated low and high voltage supplies. Line regulation better than .01%
- Tube complement: (3) 6922/E88CC dual triodes with JFET input. Solid state power supply.
- Power requirements: 100-135VAC 60Hz (200-270VAC 50/60Hz) 28 watts maximum. Line fuse 0.6A SLO BLO (0.3A SLO BLO 230V)
- Dimensions: 19" (48 cm) W x 5 ¼" (13.4 cm) H (standard rack panel) x 10 ¼" (26 cm) D. Handles extend 1½" (3.8 cm) forward of front panel. Rear chassis fittings extend ¾" (2.2 cm)
- Weight: PH3: 10 lbs. (4.5 kg) Net; 19 lbs. (8.6 kg) Shipping. PH3 SE: 11 lbs. (5.0 kg) Net; 20 lbs. (9.1 kg) Shipping.
Please call 734.662.3595 and ask for Richard if you have any questions about this product.
We make every effort to update our ads quickly when inventory fluctuates, but we encourage you to call and check product availability, as we are also a brick and mortar store.