We're sorry! This product is now sold. If you're looking for a specific pre-owned component, contact us HERE and we'll let you know if another becomes available!
The DS450 stereo power amplifier is the second member of the "Definition Series" from Audio Research. With a muscular 450 WPC into 8 ohms and stunning sonic performance, the DS450 provides high performance, high efficiency and high value.
Designed entirely in-house by our engineering staff, the DS450 is a balanced differential design with zero global feedback. Many proprietary parts are incorporated, including our own custom designed transformers that are manufactured in the US, our own litz internal wiring, and filters that we hand wind in house. In fact, it is not merely assembled here, every amplifier is entirely hand-made from the ground up in our Minnesota facility where it is tested, burned-in, and evaluated in a reference system before being shipped to its new home.
Great condition pre-owned Audio Research DS450 Stereo Power Amplifier, Silver finish.
Unit comes with original box, packaging, power cord, and manual.
Rated 8/10 for minor cosmetic wear consistent with age and use.
- Power output: 450 watts into 8 ohms (550 watts per channel into 4 ohms), both channels driven, 1% THD. (700 watts into 4 ohms, one channel driven)
- Power bandwidth: (-3dB points) 5Hz to 45 kHz into 8 ohms
- Frequency response: (-3dB points at 1 watt) 5Hz to 45 kHz
- Input sensitivity: 2.9V RMS for rated output. (26dB Gain) single-ended or balanced.
- Input impedance: 150K ohms single-ended, 300k ohms balanced differential.
- Output taps: -
- Output regulation: 0.02dB 8 ohm load to open circuit.
- Overall negative feedback: -
- Damping factor: 440
- Distortion: -
- Slew rate: 5 V/µs. (20% maximum duty cycle).
- Rise time: 8.0 µs
- Hum & noise: 300 microvolts RMS (105dB below rated output IHF A-weighted.)
- Power supply energy storage: 217,000 µF total
- Power requirements: 100-125VAC 60Hz (200-250VAC 50 Hz) 950 watts at rated output (400WPC 8 ohms) 1300 watts at 500WPC 4 ohms, 1300 watts maximum. 55 watts idle.
- Other: Output polarity: Non-inverting. Balanced pin 2+ (IEC-268). Output current: 35 amps peak at protective shutdown.
- Dimensions: 19" (48 cm) W x 7" (17.8 cm) H x 18.4" (46.7 cm) D. Handles extend 1½" (3.8 cm) forward. Output connectors extend 1½"(3.8 cm) behind rear panel.
- Weight: 55.8 lbs. (25.4 kg) Net; 71 lbs. (32.3 kg) Shipping.
Please call 734.662.3595 and ask for Richard if you have any questions about this product.
We make every effort to update our ads quickly when inventory fluctuates, but we encourage you to call and check product availability, as we are also a brick and mortar store.