Combining a super high-resolution compact disc player and digital-to-analog converter in one compact chassis, the CD6SE is a perfect fit for modern music playback. The CD6 is positioned to optimize most any digital format with spectacular results.
The compact disc is a format now more than 30 years old, with a catalog of hundreds of thousands of titles; simultaneously, digital downloading and computer music storage is skyrocketing in popularity.
Great condition Audio Research CD6 SE demo unit in Silver Finish.
Unit comes with original box, packaging, power cord, and printed manual.
Rated 8/10 for minor cosmetic wear consistent with age and use.
The CD6SE is positioned to optimize most any digital format with spectacular results. The CD6 offers disc playback via the Philips Pro2 transport (still considered the industry standard), plus four digital inputs (USB, coaxial RCA, TOSlink, and AES/EBU). All inputs handle 24 bit / 192k resolution.
Benefitting from what Audio Research has learned in the development of the Reference DAC and CD9, the CD6SE utilizes quad 24-bit DACs running in mono mode, with dual master oscillators for highest performance; one for 44.1/88.2/176.4 sample rates, the other for 48/96/192kHz sample rates. Sample rate conversion is selectable for all inputs, allowing playback in native resolution or via upsampling, including compact disc and USB. Additionally, there is a selectable digital filter offering fast or slow rolloff. In addition to the digital inputs, the back panel includes two digital outputs (AES/EBU and BNC), and single-ended RCA and balanced XLR outputs.
Sonically, the CD6SE is a stunner, uncovering new musical detail in every corner of your recordings and providing startling dynamics, both micro and macro. The top end is extended, airy and pure, while bass definition and impact are precise and powerful. The recording venues are lifelike, broad and expansive or close-up and intimate, depending on what was captured by the recording engineer. Like great analog, listening to music through the CD6SE draws you into the performance, not just the notes, with resolution and transparency that are in service of the music. Experience your music in High Definition®.
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: +0-3dB, 3Hz to 96kHz at rated output. 0.15dB 20Hz to 20kHz. (Balanced, 200k ohms load)@ 192kHz sample rate.
- DISTORTION: THD+N Less than .004% at 2V RMS BAL output
- SIGNAL-NOISE-RATIO: 110dB
- DYNAMIC RANGE (AES17): 111dB IMD (SMPTE): .003%
- RMS NOISE LEVEL: -95dBV (20-20kHz)
- GAIN: 16.5dB Balanced, 8.3dB SE.
- INPUT IMPEDANCE: Digital: 75 ohms RCA, 110 ohms AES/EBU, OPT 660nm TOSLink.
- OUTPUT IMPEDANCE: 500 ohms Balanced, 250 ohms SE Main (2), 20K ohms minimum load and 2000pF maximum capacitance.
- OUTPUT POLARITY: Non-inverting.
- MAX. OUTPUT: At 0.0dB input, 5V RMS into 200K ohm balanced load.
- DIGITAL SAMPLE RATES: 24 bits @ 44.1kHz to 192kHz, SPDIF, AES/EBU and USB 2.0 HS.
- UPSAMPLING: Select upsampling or Native mode; CD, RCA, AES/EBU, TOS upsample to 176.4 or 192kHz.
- MASTER OSCILLATOR: 22.579mHz ±20Hz for 44.1, 88.2 & 176.4kHz. 24.576mHz ±20Hz for 48, 96 & 192kHz.
- INTRINSIC JITTER: <10ps
- OUTPUTS DIGITAL: XLR Balanced AES/EBU 110-ohms 4V P-P, BNC coax SPDIF 75-ohms 0.7V P-P.
- CHANNEL SEPARATION: 103dB @ 1kHz.
- PUSH BUTTONS: Power, Previous, Stop, Pause, Play, Next, Input.
- SIGNAL FORMAT (DISC): Sample freq. 44.1kHz, Quantization bit; 16bit linear/channel, Channel bit rate; 4.3218Mb/sec, Channel modulation code; EFM (8-14 modulation), Error Correction; CIRC.
- DRIVE MECHANISM (TOP LOAD): Wow & Flutter; Un-measureable (Quartz stability); Discs; Accepts 5" (12cm) and 3" (8cm) sizes.
- OPTICAL PICKUP: Type; 3-beam LDGU (Laser Diode & Grating Unit), with holographic diffraction light pen, Laser; GaAlAs semiconductor, 780nm, 0.5mW max. output, Servo; Digitally-controlled low inertia linear positioning actuator.
- JITTER REDUCTION: High-stability crystal-controlled re-clocking for all outputs. DISPLAY: Six-digit vacuum fluorescent with optical filter; LED display; CD, AES, USB, RCA, TOS, Fast, Slow, Upsample, Power, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192kHz.
- REMOTE BUTTONS: Repeat track/disc, 0-9 digit entry keys, Scan ten seconds each track, Pause program, Stop program, Play, Shuffle tracks, Program enters selection on program list, Time elapsed, remaining track, remaining disc, A/B repeat segment, Filter select, Input select, Pause, Play, Skip>, Skip<, FF, FR, Upsample/Native mode, DSP-DN, DSP-UP
- POWER REQUIREMENTS: 105-125VAC 60Hz (210-250VAC 50/60Hz) 23 watts maximum. Sleep mode 0.5 watts maximum.
- DIMENSIONS (WHD): 19” x 5.25” (standard rack panel) x 12.25” Handles extend 1.50" (3.8 cm) forward of the front panel. WEIGHT: 25.9 lbs. (11.8 kg) Net; 34 lbs. (15.5 kg) Shipping.
Please call 734.662.3595 and ask for Richard if you have any questions about this product.
We make every effort to update our ads quickly when inventory fluctuates, but we encourage you to call and check product availability, as we are also a brick and mortar store.