1 in stock (can be backordered)
In short, if you don’t need more than one MC phono input, your search ends here. It’s that good.
–Jeff Dorgay, ToneAudio
Analog performance done to ultimate perfection has always been the standard at Rogers High Fidelity. Their newest performer, the PA-1A Phono Preamplifier, follows the Rogers heritage in every detail. You’ve not heard your record collection until you’ve heard it played through the Rogers High Fidelity PA-1A Phono Preamplifier.
Its dual-mono, Class-A, all-tube design has an industry leading signal-to-noise ratio and represents an all-out assault on the state-of-the-art. Don’t miss our on the tonal qualities you love about analog reproduction – get to know your vinyl all over again through the PA-1A high-performance, vacuum-tube preamplifier.
- Made In The USA– Hand built to the most exacting specifications in our New York Facility. Each amplifier is shipped with a fully evaluated test data package so that the customer can see how his/her particular unit performed after acceptance.
- Completely Hand Wired– The entire amplifier is wired by hand using all discrete components and all point to point. All of the wiring and soldering meets the Military Standard 2000 requirements. All operators are trained to this standard.
- Input Stage Design– The input design uses an ultra low noise tube design that yields typically a 100 dB signal to noise ratio– the best in the market. All of the overall gain is in this single stage. This significantly reduces phase distortion and yields a dynamic, stable soundstage with terrific dimensionality.
- Input Tube– The input tube can be “rolled” between a 12AU7, a 12AX7 or a 12AV7 to maximize gain and listening preferences. Each unit ships with a set of 12AU7s and 12AX7s.
- MM/MC– Selectable inputs for either moving magnet or moving coil cartridge designs
- Matching Input Transformer– The MC input utilizes a matching input transformer to optimize the impedance match between a MC cartridge and the amplifier input regardless of the interconnect cable variances.
- Loading Controls– Front panel controls allow the user to set resistive and capacitive loading to match custom transformer input
- Voltage Meter– Illuminated front panel INDEPENDENT voltage meters allow for quick diagnosis and resolution of cartridge imbalances
- Output Stage– Our proprietary output stage design uses a 6GH8 the only one in the industry that provides ultimate signal linearity regardless of interconnect cable variances.
- Mute Switch– Front panel mute switch so that your amplifier gain does not require adjustment between record changes
- Aviation Grade Chassis– All amplifier chassis are aviation grade aluminum with a muti-phase powder coat and clear coat finish.
- Aerospace Specifications– All resistors, capacitors, transformers, and inductive components meet or exceed the applicable military quality standards for parts selection.
- Burn-In Process– Each amplifier undergoes a rigorous 100 hour burn-in prior to acceptance testing.
- Power Measurement System– Each amplifier has a tuned, power measurement system that allows for flawless system integration and adjustment.
- Binding Posts– Solid milled copper binding posts plated with gold create a seamless connection
- Internal Wiring– The entire amplifier is wired using 18 gauge Military Standard 16878 teflon coated, silverplated copper wire. Because this is a Class A design, there is some heating of the unit that causes the wiring to age and degrade over time. Teflon coating prevents this and is designed to last for the entire life of the product.