High Performance Ethernet
High Performance Ethernet is designed for audio components that send and receive music signals through a Local Area Network (LAN), such as a Network Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC), Network Attached Storage (NAS) hard drive, music server, or a computer used for musical storage and streaming.
The advanced construction of High Performance Ethernet maintains signal integrity and bandwidth and keeps noise levels low to accurately transfer the full richness and dynamic range of network-based music. Sturdy, gold-plated Ethernet connectors maintain a tight and reliable connection and precision termination techniques insure accurate digital signal transfer.
The large gauge solid core conductors have greater surface area than typical network cables which results in superior digital signal transfer even over longer lengths. Precision extruded low noise dielectric maintains ideal propagation speed and reduces signal losses.
If you have any questions about choosing the right cable, please give us a call — we are dedicated to helping you make the best and most appropriate choices for your system in its current configuration, while also planning in advance for upgrades that you may wish to make in the future
- Transparent High Performance Ethernet cable is specifically designed for network audio applications.
- Heavy, polished, solid core OFHC conductors allow for accurate signal transfer up to 100 meters.
- Precision extruded polyethylene dielectric helps maintain impedance.
- Meets Category 6 specifications for performance.
- Transparent High Performance Ethernet allows network audio components, such as hard drives and computers with noisy fans, to be located away from the audio system without compromising performance.
- Precision construction and termination techniques and superior noise rejection result in a richer, more natural sound compared with standard Ethernet cables.
- Standard termination: USB A > USB B
- Lengths: 0.5 meter, 1 meter, 1.5 meter, 2 meter, 10 feet, 15 feet, 20 feet, 30 feet
- Transparent recommends following your USB DAC manufacturer’s recommendations regarding USB audio cable length.
- Note: Some computer USB outputs cannot drive longer lengths of typical USB audio cables. Transparent High Performance USB Audio Cable is a high resolution, high speed cable that will pass a high quality digital audio signal over longer lengths than expected with a wide assortment of computer interfaces. If your installation requires a USB cable longer than 15 feet, however, give us a call and we’ll walk you through placing a custom order.