dCS Puccini Player & U-Clock v2
Upsampling CD/SACD Player & System Clock
1 in stock
Gently used trade-in dCS Puccini Upsampling CD/SACD Player and Puccini U-Clock v2 in black finish. Units ship in original boxes and packaging, and come complete with printed owner’s manual, power cord, remote control, and clocking BNC cable.
Units are rated 8/10 for minor cosmetic wear consistent with age and use.
About Puccini Player
Built to the highest specifications, Puccini features a sleek, solid aluminum fascia, high grade aluminum casing, metal buttons and a smooth transport mechanism. Whether in CD, SACD or DAC mode, Puccini will extract every last bit of detail from your music, bringing a realism to the experience that you have never heard before. Puccini uses dCS’s proprietary DSD signal processing and dCS Ring DAC™. When playing a CD or a source via the digital inputs, Puccini can upsample conventional PCM to DSD and offers the choice between PCM or DSD playback. A number of optimized DSP filter options elevate the performance further and allow listeners to use Puccini as a standalone DAC or the ultimate one-box CD/SACD player.
About Puccini U-Clock V2
The dCS Puccini range now features the award winning Puccini U-Clock which is a separate grade 1 system clock to further reduce jitter and improve performance. Matched with the Puccini Player, it improves on an already spectacular sound and takes it into an entirely new domain. With a clock added to a dCS system, images snap into sharper focus and the music displays a substantially greater sense of authority and power as well as, most importantly, offering noticeably higher resolution of detail.
Puccini U-Clock also features a USB to SPDIF converter, which enables Puccini owners to present sound files from a PC or Mac to the legendary dCS Ring DACTM inside the Puccini.
Puccini Player Specs
- Mechanism: Dual laser TEAC UMK-5 CD/SACD
- Output Levels: 2V rms or 6V rms on all outputs for a full-scale input, set in the menu. Balanced Outputs 1 stereo pair on 2x 3-pin male XLR connectors (pin 2 = hot, pin 3 = cold). These outputs are electronically balanced and floating, the signal balance ratio at 1kHz is better than 40dB. Output impedance is 3Ω, maximum load is 600Ω (a 10kΩ load is recommended).
- Unbalanced Outputs: 1 stereo pair on 2x RCA Phono connectors. Output impedance is 52Ω, maximum load is 600Ω (a 10kΩ load is recommended).
- Digital Inputs: 2x SPDIF on 2x RCA Phono connectors. Each will accept up to 24 bit PCM at 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 & 192kS/s or DSD in DOP format.
- Digital Outputs: 2x SPDIF on 2x RCA Phono connectors. Both output CD format PCM data when playing a CD only.
- Dimensions: 18.0” x 16.1” x 4.0”. Allow extra depth for cable connectors.
- Weight: 26.6 lbs net
Puccini U-Clock V2 Specs
- Type: Puccini U-Clock System Clock
- Clock Frequencies: 44.1kHz or 48kHz.
- Color: Black
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 400mm/15.8” x 410mm/16.2” x 58mm/2.3”. Allow extra depth for cable connectors.
- Weight: 7.6kg/16.7lbs.
- Clock Accuracy: Better than +/-1ppm when shipped over an ambient temperature range of 10°C to 30°C (guaranteed for 12 months from shipping). Typically +/-0.1ppm when shipped and stabilised.
- Word Clock outputs: 4 independently buffered outputs on 75Ω BNC connectors, all carry the same clock frequency. With the USB interface active at 32, 48, 96 or 192kS/s, the Word Clock outputs are set to 48kHz. With the USB interface active at 44.1, 88.2 or 176.4kS/s, the Word Clock outputs are set to 44.1kHz. USB Auto Frequency mode can be disabled from the front panel.
- Digital Inputs: USB 2.0 interface on type B connector accepts uncompressed audio data at 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 & 192kS/s.
- Digital Outputs: Puccini U-Clock will present data received via the USB interface, unprocessed, in SPDIF format via 2 x RCA Phono connectors. DSD in DOP format will be passed through unchanged.
- Operating Systems: Tested on Windows XP/Vista/7 and Mac OSX. Operates in ‘Audio Class’ mode. Class 1 mode (limited to 96kS/s) is available and does not require special drivers to be installed. Class 2 mode requires the dCS drivers (supplied) to be installed on Windows PCs. Not required for OSX 10.6.3 or later.
- File Formats: Packetized PCM at 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 176.4, 192kS/s.
- Start Up Time: Typically 1 minute to rated accuracy.
- Power Consumption: 3 Watts typical/6 Watts maximum.
Please call 734.662.3595 and ask for Richard if you have any questions about this product. We make every effort to update our ads quickly when inventory fluctuates, but we encourage you to call and check product availability, as we are also a brick and mortar store. All electronics support U.S. voltages only, unless otherwise indicated. We do not change voltages.