Audio Research DS-225
Solid State Stereo Amplifier
1 in stock
With the DS-Series amplifiers, Audio Research has proven that high power output, great sound quality, and high efficiency can all come together in a single package. The DS225 adds another chapter to the Definition Series amplifier story, taking the proven format of the DS450 and scaling it down slightly in size and power, producing an ample 225 WPC into an 8-ohm load.
About this product
Fantastic condition trade-in Audio Research DS225 Stereo Amplifier in Silver finish. Amp comes in original box and packing, with printed owner’s manual and power cord.
Amp is rated 8/10 for minor wear consistent with light use.
- Power Output: 225 watts per channel into 8 ohms, 1% THD; 360 watts per channel into 4 ohms, both channels driven.
- Frequency Response: (-3dB points at 1 watt) 5Hz to 55kHz
- Input Sensitivity: 2.15V RMS for rated output (26.0dB Gain) single-ended or balanced.
- Input Impedance: 150K ohms single-ended, 300K ohms balanced differential.
- Output Regulation: 0.06dB 8 ohm load to open circuit.
- Damping Factor: 167
- Slew Rate: 5V/µs. (20% maximum duty cycle).
- Rise Time: 5.0 µs
- Hum and Noise: 300 µV RMS (103dB below rated output IHF A-weighted).
- Power Supply Energy Storage: 160,000 µF total
- Power Requirements: 100-125VAC 60Hz (200-250VAC 50Hz) 488 watts at rated output (225MPC 8 ohms), 758 watts at 360WPC 4 ohms, 35 watts idle, standby 1 watt.
- Output polarity: Non-inverting from single-ended inputs. Balanced pin 2+ (IEC-268).
- Output current: 15 amps peak at protective shutdown.
- Dimensions: 19″ (48 cm) W (standard rack panel) x 5¼” (13.3 cm) H x 14¼” (36.2 cm) D (front panel back). Optional handles extend 1½” (3.8 cm) forward of the ¼” thick front panel. Output connectors extend 0.9″ behind rear panel.
- Weight: 34.9 lbs. (15.8 kg) Net; 41 lbs. (18.6 kg) Shipping.
Please call 734.662.3595 and ask for Richard if you have any questions about this product. We make every effort to update our ads quickly when inventory fluctuates, but we encourage you to call and check product availability, as we are also a brick and mortar store. All electronics support U.S. voltages only, unless otherwise indicated. We do not change voltages.