Introducing McIntosh MCT80
August 21st, 2017
Filed under: News
The MCT80 brings another small sized source component to the MXA80 Integrated Audio System. It joins the MHA150, the MB50 and MP100 as high-performance additions that allow the MXA80 to truly become the centerpiece of a comprehensive, yet compact audio system.
The MCT80 is not just an add-on to the MXA80, however, as the MCT80 is a formidable SACD/CD Transport. It is McIntosh’s first CD product to use their newest transport that is capable of playing user-generated DVD or CD Data Discs. It also has an advanced digital servo for faster, quieter, and accurate operation.
With the MCT80, you can enjoy your CDs all over again! Units are expected to begin shipping in September.
• 1 Coax output
• 1 Optical output
• 1 MCT output
• Improved transport with a die-cast aluminum tray
• Advanced digital servo for faster, quieter and accurate operation
• All common disc types can be played including SACD, CD, CD-R, CD-RW (MP3 and WMA) and user generated DVD or CD Data Discs with music file formats including DSD (up to DSD128), WAV (up to 24-bit/192kHz), FLAC, MP3 and others
• 2x read speed for better disc tracking and error correction processing
• Twin laser optical pickup with a single objective lens
• Separate laser units optimized for SACDs and CDs
• Power Control
• McIntosh black glass front panel with an illuminated logo and aluminum end caps