The MC1.25KW Quad Balanced Power Amplifier is McIntosh’s newest and one of their most advanced amplifiers. Redesigned from top to bottom, it replaces the venerable MC1.2KW as McIntosh’s most powerful single chassis monoblock amplifier.
A simple glance at this 158 pound amp is enough to convey its power and performance capabilities, but when you hear it – then you’ll truly understand what it can do.
Updates & Enhancements:
- 50% increase in filter capacity for improved low-end performance and increased dynamic headroom
- Updated industrial design features new circular glasswork housing the amplifier’s name badge adorned with a decorative trim ring
- Audio autoformer and power transformer now contained in new glass topped enclosures
- 4 McIntosh Monogrammed Heatsinks™ on rear of unit
- Repositioned AC receptacle provides additional clearance for a wider assortment of power cords
- Redesigned feet featuring a chamfered edgde
- Updated power transformer *Heavier gauge internal wiring
- Upgraded circuit components
- Now featuring McIntosh’s power management system, which will turn the amp off after a set amount of time when no input signal has been detected